Food issues... I HATE when people ask me "is it good?&q

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Supernootz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2012, 6:55 pm

... while I'm eating. I wouldn't mind talking about it after, but it just freaks me out when I'm eating. I can have a conversation over a meal - that's not the problem. The problem seems to be that I don't want to talk about my food.

MissMoneypenny
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2012, 6:19 am

My partner does this when he's cooked a meal. It drives me nuts. Some people won't just ask once and then drop it, they have to keep on asking questions about the food. Once or twice I've said, "I'd rather eat it than talk about it," which inevitably is taken the wrong way...

mindmapper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2012, 6:30 am

I hate it especially when someone asks it just as the spoon or fork containing the first load of food you will taste approaches your mouth. They ask even before you tasted it!

I'm mostly comfortable giving my (often too honest) opinion about the food after eating it. Otherwise it only distracts me from eating, and often I don't know what to say either.

Supernootz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Aug 2012, 6:40 am

mindmapper wrote:
I hate it especially when someone asks it just as the spoon or fork containing the first load of food you will taste approaches your mouth. They ask even before you tasted it!

I'm mostly comfortable giving my (often too honest) opinion about the food after eating it. Otherwise it only distracts me from eating, and often I don't know what to say either.

OMG, yes! But for me, even if I got a bite, I'm still not sure yet if it's good or not, or if I like it.

mindmapper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2012, 6:52 am

Supernootz wrote:
mindmapper wrote:

OMG, yes! But for me, even if I got a bite, I'm still not sure yet if it's good or not, or if I like it.

Exactly, I rather give my opinion about the whole experience than just a part of it. It's like people asking "how's life?" when I've only lived a short amount of the total.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 7:57 pm

I HATE this too, and for the same reasons mentioned, exactly! And here I always thought it was just me!

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

Well there is a reason why so much of the population are fat.

These whole obsession about food needs to taste super good.

There is 2 types of people.

Those who eat to survive.
Those who live to eat.

I really dont do a lot about food and really dont care much how it tastes tbh, eating is something i need to just do, like going to bathroom or whatever. its just another everyday task.

I always eat alone :) so luckily i never run into problems about people asking me if food tastes good. They probably wouldn like my honest opinion anyways.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 6:33 am

Quote:
There is 2 types of people.

Those who eat to survive.
Those who live to eat.

This is false.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 6:44 am

I do get annoyed when I'm eating something and people ask me if it's nice, I always feel like saying, ''if it wasn't nice, I wouldn't be eating it.'' Yes, I know it's one of those things people ask out of politeness, and I suppose I should be thankful that people are acknowledging me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 6:49 am

Joe90 wrote:
I do get annoyed when I'm eating something and people ask me if it's nice, I always feel like saying, ''if it wasn't nice, I wouldn't be eating it.'' Yes, I know it's one of those things people ask out of politeness, and I suppose I should be thankful that people are acknowledging me.

Sometimes people eat things because they think they'll be good for them, or because someone made it and they're being polite, or they're hungry and it's what's available.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

I eat very slowly and for some reason, I can't stand it when someone asks the question "do you not like it?" Especially my parents. They've known me since the day I was born! Long enough I think, to realize that I just eat slowly!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

Is it good? No, RLY.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

Yeah I don't like having to comment on the food, because I don't know what to say. There's no dinner conversation in my family anyway, so I've never really had this happen, but it does happen in restaurants, and they come over like "Is everything OK?" FACK OFF! xD
I suppose if they didn't come over, I'd think the opposite and be like "Well that was some crap service!" Can't win :P

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
and they come over like "Is everything OK?" FACK OFF! xD

They do this deliberately, so you can't complain later on.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 3:10 pm

I hate it when waiters interrupt the conversation to ask if everything's ok! Especially when more than one come to ask.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

What I also hate about waiters/waitresses, is when they take your plate/drink without even asking if you had finished.

Recently I was in a bar, and I wanted to drink the ice when it had melted down to water. The bar member just took my glass without even asking if I had finished! :evil: