Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 5:53 am

Does anyone else suffer from separation anxiety as an adult? The things is, I don't think I suffered from it as a small child other than a small period of school refusal at around 5. As far as I know going to nursary school or starting school didn't even provoke much of a reaction as far as I know. However, it started really badly from the age of 8 when my OCD started and it's continued from then, it varies in severity but it's got really bad this time my mum has gone away. I have (clearly) massive issues with change and it's partly to do with that I think. I feel like a freak though, I'm 24 but I'm a complete hysterical mess when my mum goes away I've lived away from home since I was 19 and leaving home was extremely traumatic (and not voluntary in part due to the separation anxiety. I've had huge meltdowns for the last 3 days, she's only been gone two days and I'm not going too see her for 3 months. It's making everything connected to the ASD an awful lot worse.

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Aug 2012, 2:59 am

Some how I missed an earlier topic on this posted a few days ago, not sure how I missed it but I did. I appologise.