Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

fefe333
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

when I was in kindergarden, we were taking a class picture. I remember thinking about how to smile, and trying to figure out how to move my face to smile. Like it wasn't (still isn't)a natural thing to me.

also, even now when I smile I feel like I'm smiling really big, but when I see the picture, I'm hardly smiling or I have a weird look on my face. Does any one else do this?

aspie quiz results: 172/200
I am suspected to have aspergers, but I'm not diagnosed.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:41 am

School photos were awkward, and I remember always having multiple takes before I had a successful one. Smiling in scripted situations has always felt unnatural and stiff. Funnily enough, I must be one of the only people who doesn't mind passport photos for the very reason that I don't have to smile.

UnseenSkye
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2012, 12:42 am

fefe333 wrote:
when I was in kindergarden, we were taking a class picture. I remember thinking about how to smile, and trying to figure out how to move my face to smile. Like it wasn't (still isn't)a natural thing to me.

also, even now when I smile I feel like I'm smiling really big, but when I see the picture, I'm hardly smiling or I have a weird look on my face. Does any one else do this?

Yes and yes. I have the infamous "Mona Lisa" smile and appear to be gazing into another dimension. And I love taking photographs but LOATHE having my own picture taken.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

Same here. I was going to visit a friend at a psychiatric hospital and needed to have a picture taken to get in. I had to smile for the photo and couldn't figure out how to do it-and I'm 38! They commented about it to me and I just said I am not a very smiley person. I have also had plenty of people over the course of my life comment on how rare it is that I smile. Now this could be due to depression, but I tend to think that is not all that is going on.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:47 am

fefe333 wrote:

I feel this all the time, ive been told my smiles almost look like frowns. looking in a mirror lately im starting to agree with them.

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2012, 2:09 am

I am very unphotogenic. My mum even now has to spend ages trying to get a photo of me that doesn't look demonic. I have very little idea of what my face actually looks like when pulling expressions so photos do not work well. My natural expression is a grimace it would seem.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 3:33 am

I hate forced smiles. There's only one school photo where I'm "smiling", and that one looks really creepy.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2012, 9:21 am

Was looking at my kids baby pics this morning and noticing how none of the ones with me in them have me smiling. I never smile for photos. I mostly keep a 'poker' face. I'll smile or laugh for a good joke, but generally I don't smile on the outside. I do smile on the inside a lot for my family.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:45 am

Yes, I can't smile on command. It has to be genuine for me.

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2012, 8:46 pm

I have a childhood photo where they had taken me to a professional photographer for a pic in my Halloween costume and my smile is completely fake, almost grotesque. To this day, if I have to be forced to smile for a photo, I always pretend to be saying "cheese" as a joke, but the reason why I am saying it is to manage to form a smile.