Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SomethingWitty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Oct 2012, 12:20 pm

I can kind of 'feel' the aspergers in my brain, the left hemisphere seems over active whereas the right hemisphere seems underactive (I dont know how to explain it, I just feel it), which is consistent with the studies showing right hemisphere dysfunction in aspergers. It also feels as if my brain is pushing against my skull, as if it is inflamed, and this creates headaches and fatigue. Im not sure if that is due to my aspergers, but it causes distress, it feels like an overinflated balloon in my head, and sometimes I just wish I could remove my brain and deflate it a bit for comfort :P .
Does anyone else relate to this at all? Ive tried talking it through with a few people and they think its weird, but of course they were NTs :P
Thanks!

Domisoldo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Oct 2012, 1:05 pm

Maybe you're just having some kind of migraine? When I was a kid, I used to fantasize about taking my brain out to relieve the pain and the pressure and put some ice in instead...

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

I don't have AS, but sometimes I can "feel" the busy-ness of my ADHD brain. It has an actual sensation. The closest descriptor word I can come up with is buzzing, but there is no sound involved, nor any movement as in vibrating. But I do feel something.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:24 pm

I feel disconnected from the rest of my body sometimes especially during a meltdown

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm

chris5000 wrote:
I feel disconnected from the rest of my body sometimes especially during a meltdown

So do I. It might be disassociation.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 9:24 pm

Yes, I get some weird feelings like this in my brrrainzzz too. I don't know what they are caused by, but they do coincide with the brrrainzzz dysfunction that I eggsperience eberryday. My brrrainzzz have felt weird for most of the day today.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

If it's a vibratory buzzing, that just means the rocks in our heads are being polished, such as in a shutdown state