Meltdowns and Changing of the Seasons

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

The changing of the seasons, especially when it gets cold, causes stress to the immune system; it's the time when people tend to get sick. I'm wondering if autistic people tend to have more meltdowns in this time too. It would make sense, the temperature change, the body has to work harder to regulate its temperature and fight off pathogens, there wouldn't be as much energy left to regulate the mind.

What do you think?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 6:55 pm

For me personally, the seasonal depression starts to hit within a couple weeks of Christmas. This is where sunlight is at it's most scarce. I still feel awful going right into New Years and then my birthday hits in the third week. After my birthday, I start to feel better. I did in fact have a meltdown two days before my birthday last year. I don't know for sure if it's the season as much as it is sunlight.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2012, 7:00 pm

I'll just leave this information here.

http://www.sada.org.uk/

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

I tend to get a little depressed around this time of year because it starts to get darker earlier.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2012, 12:58 am

it has just begun the rainy season where i live...and had a meltdown this morning because of the click clacking from my moms shoes...

haven't had a meltdown in a month or more i would guess.....

so maybe?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 6:15 am

I seem to have a major outburst every January and August (and just mini outbursts at other times of the year, no specific times). Three years running I've had major outbursts in January and August. I don't know why. I think it all builds up inside me, and I explode in January probably because Christmas is stressful for me, and it builds up for 8 months and I explode again. Otherwise, I can normally control my outbursts and just turn them into minor outbursts that don't go as far as upsetting the whole family. I just call mini outbursts ''my moments'' or ''casual arguments with family''. But twice a year a time comes where I just lose all self-control.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 5:59 pm

I tend to get depressed during the winter. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I had seasonal affective disorder instead of "typical" clinical depression. The depression makes it harder to regulate emotions, therefore making it easier to meltdown.