Fantasizing about murdering my neighbours

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

I can't bear this anymore - doors being banged. I got away from my parents after growing up in a hell of banged doors and shouting and just so happened to end up with some other ret*ds who at least do the former. I don't even remember hearing a single door being closed by the previous neighbour for two years, so it can't just be my sensitivity.

Every one of them is like an injection of adrenaline. I can't take it anymore.

Recently I just happened to watch a Halloween movie... and if Michael Myers kills for no reason, why wouldn't I kill these thoughtless bastards?

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:25 am

I understand you. The upper neighbour walks like he would have stones attached to his feet and my lustre trembles each time he walks. :/
Sometimes I'm thinking that I should move in a forest. I hate these people.

Last edited by AnotherKind on 04 Nov 2012, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:38 am

Mootoo wrote:
I can't bear this anymore - doors being banged. I got away from my parents after growing up in a hell of banged doors and shouting and just so happened to end up with some other ret*ds who at least do the former. I don't even remember hearing a single door being closed by the previous neighbour for two years, so it can't just be my sensitivity.

Every one of them is like an injection of adrenaline. I can't take it anymore.

Recently I just happened to watch a Halloween movie... and if Michael Myers kills for no reason, why wouldn't I kill these thoughtless bastards?

Because Michael Myers is a terrible role model, and these people aren't thoughtless bastards, they probably just don't know they are irritating you so much.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

Oh, yeah, I'd never live underneath... that is, by default, a nightmare. And one can certainly not request that they should not walk. Why do flats seem to be made of cardboard, anyway? :x (What I wonder is, is this the situation in every country?)

Ganondox wrote:
Because Michael Myers is a terrible role model, and these people aren't thoughtless bastards, they probably just don't know they are irritating you so much.

I sent them a small note some weeks ago. And at some points they must literally be slamming doors, so either they're doing that on purpose or they're thoughtless.

Last edited by Mootoo on 04 Nov 2012, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:44 am

Killing, murdering, is awful. To delete someone's consciousness and feel of life and time. And everyone else that this person loves or knows. And vice versa. I don't like extreme American movies, and I don't like thoughts of murder and killing, because of this. The human being is too important, and has too much existential bonds and crucial rights to live its life.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:53 am

Underscore, I know what you mean, but every time a door is banged my existence seems to be diminishing too...

(Although, due to this and all the previous years of indirect torture such as this I don't consider human life to be important (well, essentially not even mine), and on the other hand grew an attachment to other animals'.)

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:16 pm

If you're honestly having these thoughts go and get psychiatric help before you do something you regret later. Going to prison for 20 or more years isnt worth it.

Surely there has to be a halfway house between doing nothing and killing them, maybe uh confronting them and saying "look i have this condition called asperger's syndrome and loud noises are affecting my day to day functioning, would you mind trying to be a bit quieter, thanks?"

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:49 pm

Yes, absolutely. If you are seriously thinking about killing people just because they're annoying, you need help. Either you're homicidal and you need to stop yourself from doing something horrible, or else you are in such distress that you're thinking of killing people just to end it. Whatever it is, get help. Please.

You may not consider human life to be important, but you're wrong. Human life is infinitely important. Consider the possibility that you are wrong: After all, you're not perfect, and it's entirely possible that you could be. Consider the absolute horror of what you are thinking about doing, if you happen to be wrong about the value of human life.

Also consider the ethics of the problem. They are bothering you, but they're only bothering you because you're autistic. They probably have no clue. Murdering them would be like a judge imposing the death penalty for littering in the presence of somebody with OCD who was distressed because of the mess. Is that just? Even if human life is worth nothing, it's not fair. It would only be slightly less fair to kill yourself instead of them, because while you do own your own life (as far as anything like that can be owned), you also didn't do anything wrong.

You are extremely distressed. If you can't survive this one minute longer, call emergency services. Tell them you are autistic and you are having homicidal thoughts. They will take you to the hospital. This is not pleasant, but it's a way out and it's a lot better than killing your neighbors.

Also consider what happens if you do kill them. Let's say you just grab a gun and shoot them down or something. You get silence... for about half an hour. Then somebody's reported the gunshots to the police. They go door to door--including your door. You get them talking at you for hours. Eventually you either get arrested because they know you did it, or you have to spend most of your day, every day for days, at the police station because you're a witness. You can't bluff well enough because you're autistic, so sooner rather than later--probably within the first couple of hours--they figure it out. You go to jail, where you have no privacy and it's constantly noisy and never completely dark. Then you go to prison, probably for the rest of your life. There's no privacy there, either, and because prisons are overcrowded, you'll probably never be alone. Even solitary confinement is noisy, though you're physically separated from others. Or let's say you are in the 1% of insanity pleas that succeeds, and you get put into a forensic mental hospital instead. Once again, no privacy; and on top of that you're drugged out of your skull. Because you aren't allowed out until the condition that led you to commit the crime is in full remission, you spend the rest of your life there, because autism isn't curable. Of course we could go on the assumption that you're a criminal mastermind. Say you totally get away with it--you kill your neighbors and somehow hide the bodies. Well, within two days somebody notices they're gone. The police come. There's commotion, noise, sirens day in and day out. There are missing persons reports. You're grilled by the police constantly about what you saw. Eventually the chaos dies down and the neighbors' place is empty; but that doesn't last long. Somebody else moves in, and they start making noise. Are you going to kill them, too?

Point being: It's worse than useless to kill your neighbors, and if you're even considering it, you need to get yourself to a hospital ASAP.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:51 pm

I would like to strongly suggest that you use less drastic methods to stop the noise, while I am rather noise sensitive person when I am trying to sleep I think that the "vlad the impaler" methods are not a good idea. Using these methods could get you sent to prison for life or into a hospital for the criminally insane.

Maybe just ask them to keep the noise down, point out that you have to get up early in the morning to work.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:52 pm

It's sad that depressive incidences(or much more) make people lose their appreciation for life of oneself and others. I've been there myself. But no matter how deep I was going, or how deprived I was, I had to hold on to that thought no matter what. Because my own life was important, and I thought of how unjustly I felt people had treated me, and that this made me feel bad and worsened my life, so therefore it is not a good thing and I should at least not do something as unjustly as this to others. I would be a hypocrite. I think it is very important to hold on the idea that yours and other's life has value. There is at least something there, that keeps us away from wanting to die.

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

What you're talking about has nothing to do with Autism / Asperger's and please do understand that even suggesting this reflects bad upon our community. Why can't you just talk to them and/or wear earplugs to sleep? :(

MrObvious
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

I'm with everyone above, go get help. You need to get checked out for at least depression or if not bi-polar disorder. Homicidal thoughts are not natural to anyone, on the spectrum or not.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:56 pm

AnotherKind wrote:
I understand you. The upper neighbour walks like he would have stones attached to his feet and my lustre trembles each time he walks. :/

Actually my downstairs neighbor recently said something to my mother about me being too noisy. He can hear me walking.

Well what am I supposed to do about it? I don't know how to walk any quieter (I walk barefoot or in slippers) and he can't really expect me to confine myself to my bed or bedroom certain hours of the day just to not bother him. I need to be able to live my life too. You can't expect your neighbors to tiptoe around and whisper so they don't bother you.

I have had some really noisy neighbors myself, one that played music so loud that my floor would vibrate and another couple that would argue loudly and smash stuff until the cops came and took one away.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:58 pm

Lol. Many times I've been thinking killing people but I'm not able to harm even a fly. Saying it and doing it are two different things.
Most murderers are not talking about their feelings, they just do it.

For noises I just recommend buying some good headphones and you won't hear anything anymore.

hanyo wrote:
Well what am I supposed to do about it? I don't know how to walk any quieter (I walk barefoot or in slippers) and he can't really expect me to confine myself to my bed or bedroom certain hours of the day just to not bother him. I need to be able to live my life too. You can't expect your neighbors to tiptoe around and whisper so they don't bother you.

He walks like a yeti. My luster is trembling. Sometimes even my doors. I'm not exaggerating
I doubt you walk this way. Some noises are easier to bear, others not.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 2:34 pm

Quote:
Lol. Many times I've been thinking killing people but I'm not able to harm even a fly. Saying it and doing it are two different things.
Most murderers are not talking about their feelings, they just do it.
Yes. Almost everybody occasionally fantasizes about murdering an annoying person, and almost nobody actually does it. I'm just a bit worried because the OP has been talking about human life not having very much value. At the very least there is a lot of stress.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

Callista wrote:
Yes. Almost everybody occasionally fantasizes about murdering an annoying person, and almost nobody actually does it. I'm just a bit worried because the OP has been talking about human life not having very much value. At the very least there is a lot of stress.

He's just saying, I don't think he really feels that way. I'm a misanthrope but still can't go out murdering people. Some are very dumb/uneducated and it's not worth the trouble. Or maybe they have their own issues and that's why are inconsiderate. Murdering is a terrible act, whether someone deserves or not to die.

You can't avoid the stress of living in a noisy neighbourhood by taking medication. He should try moving somewhere else (if he could afford it).

The headphones are very effective for me. Even though sometimes I'm thinking that I'll become deaf (but better be deaf than living under stress).