Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jeff1981
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2012, 10:18 am

Hi,
I've suspected I had Asperger's for the last 12 years or so, but was only recently "officially" diagnosed. As I've started exploring the forums here, I see that lots of people have info in their signatures such as "Aspie score" "neurotypical score" and so forth.

What's all this mean? When I had the final meeting my the neuropsychologist he didn't mention any "scores" just what the diagnosis was and that he'd be sending me a report in 5-8 weeks.

Jeff

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 10:27 am

Jeff1981 wrote:
Hi,
I've suspected I had Asperger's for the last 12 years or so, but was only recently "officially" diagnosed. As I've started exploring the forums here, I see that lots of people have info in their signatures such as "Aspie score" "neurotypical score" and so forth.

What's all this mean? When I had the final meeting my the neuropsychologist he didn't mention any "scores" just what the diagnosis was and that he'd be sending me a report in 5-8 weeks.

Jeff

i think that very many people on this site are not sure that they have AS, and a subset of those people take online tests and quote their results that they received so as to validate their authenticity as an AS person. i do not identify with anyone i ever spoke to, so i do not have to search for a precedent to indifference.

disinterest is as real as interest in a way.

Brock
Raven
Raven

16 Nov 2012, 11:16 am

b9 wrote:
i do not identify with anyone i ever spoke to,

What is it that people don't get? Do you think anyone is as understood as they would like to be?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Nov 2012, 11:18 am

Jeff1981 wrote:
What's all this mean?
They're probably referring to the results from one or more of the tests referenced in this thread:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt113459.html