Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

muff
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2012, 6:38 pm

i feel so badly. i am doing so badly. after five months of therapy, im leaving it behind me. i learned a thing or two, i did. but my therapist just decided that 'turning down the noise' of the world should be the intervention that we use. of course, he still doesnt want to talk about autism.

so off i go. to find help.

new job. friends are here then gone. adderall meltdowns? human behavior. everything is a wreck. heh. its a gd wreck.

so thank you. for responding to me for the most part. i look forward to the day when i just check in to this forum for specific issues or to provide support.

that day seems far away at the moment, but whos to say.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 8:14 pm

Dear, Muff:

I am sending you good thoughts for support.

LM

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2012, 10:41 pm

I am not a doctor and am in no way advising you to stop taking any medication, but you may want to talk with your doc about the Adderall. I was on it for about three years before I received my AS diagnosis from a neuropsychologist who also told me that the Adderall wasn't doing anything for me (she did testing both while I was on it and while I was not on it).
It was not easy to get off of it, but it has been totally worth it. I was feeling very detached from the world when I was on it... It was like I had a ton of emotions bottled up inside me and I had no way to express them because they were buried too deeply inside me.
After I got off the Adderall I am able to express myself much easier and I just generally feel more "human"... Other people have even commented to me how different I am.
I'm not saying that is the case for you, but it is worth considering and other people have told me similar stories.
Good luck to you

Steven