Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Rarh, I've been waiting four weeks for a aspie meet up.

The one two weeks ago was canceled due to storm.

Todays was canceled for no reason.

And they won't have any other for another month. after xmas.

I'm on a two year wait list to get diagnosis.

Seriously are there even any aspies in canada.

I'm so fed up with this.

I just want to meet someone in person.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:06 pm

I have a list of things that the local center for independent living can help me with already written up (They'd given me the list of things they can help, I selected what items are relevant from the list)

I just need to actually make the call.

I hate phones.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:08 pm

I just want to have a conversation with someone that has it. You have no idea how much it would mean to me.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

That sucks.

I go to a GRASP group. The first time I went, we met at Starbucks instead of a house where we normally meet. So I had to identify these strangers as the GRASP group in Starbucks. My A-DAR went off, and it was right.

iamcoley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm

Stoek wrote:
I just want to have a conversation with someone that has it. You have no idea how much it would mean to me.

Do you have Skype? It's not quite the same as meeting someone in person but it is very useful for "having a conversation". I find if I have visual I'm not as freaked out as with a normal chat on a telephone.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 8:36 am

iamcoley wrote:
Stoek wrote:

Do you have Skype? It's not quite the same as meeting someone in person but it is very useful for "having a conversation". I find if I have visual I'm not as freaked out as with a normal chat on a telephone.

I don't like visual while conversing on Skype but it's a good idea. Usually I close my eyes or stare at something when I'm using Skype.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 10:53 am

I'm from Canada and I gave up on a dx since it's just going to prove the obvious and costs lots of time and money I don't have. I always welcome PM's and enjoy discussing my aspieness!