Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 5:58 pm

In the realm of clothing, utility ranks quite high on the list of priorities (personal aesthetic appeal ranks second to functionality). Cargo pants/shorts, military surplus clothes and black (with the exception of two olive drab) shirts with industrial band logos comprise the majority of my clothing collection. The numerous and capacious pockets makes it much easier to tote around my phone, character sheets and dice (when playing D&D), wallet, keys, stim things and other sundries without being bogged down with a briefcase or backpack and the band shirts, though not serving any real utility, are just something "in my element" and thus are more comfortable to wear. Shoes must be mid- to high-tops, have copious amounts of cushioning and support and be wide enough to accomodate my caveman feet while simultaneously preventing me from dislocating, twisting or rolling my ankles when engaging in ambulatory activities. Skinny pants/ tight pants are just plain awkward and make me feel immodest and like a penguin in shrinkwrap and any clothing with a mesh webbing (think swim trunks or those mesh undershirts they sell at alternative/goth stores) are out of the equation, as they cause my skin to feel numb.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 12:01 am

I wear only what is comfortable and practical, rarely do I ever dress to "show off" (cosplaying, for example).

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2012, 12:11 am

I wear mostly jeans and t-shirts and pajama's.
Regardless of the weather, when I'm out I'll wear my black jacket which is lined with fleece and nylon and get's really hot in summer, which isn't nice.

I'm really particular with footwear. I hate shoes which cover my entire feet, it feels like they're strangling my ankles and cutting of the blood circulation. Plus I also read about soldier's walking around all day in their boots and their feet decaying from the moisture. Can't remember when I learned that, but its stuck with me for a long, long time.

Can't stand socks, but gloves are the absolute worst. I would rather get frostbite and have all my fingers fall off than have to wear gloves... euugh.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2012, 12:43 am

I like wearing clothes that are comfortable for me to wear like shirts and shorts a little to big for me. I only wear Movie, Tv, Computer game shirts, 80s shirts, science fiction shirts and plain shorts with comfortable shoes. I can't stand tight shirts, shorts or jeans and I don't like wearing dresses or skirts.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2012, 1:00 am

I like to wear vests, some fishing vests with lots of pockets, some fleece. Then, I wear button down shirts over the vests. Layers are good, but my mother thinks that I look like hunchback of notre dame with lots of collars bunched up at the back of my neck. I also wear baseball cap all the time.

Slug on a Bike
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2018, 8:42 am

All my clothes are gray.
They can have stripes or plaids
but they need to be gray.
Somehow gray never feels
in conflict with my moods,
but colors usually do.

Also
I get agitated
when I wear anything
with words or logos on it.
So I don't.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2018, 12:00 pm

I dress for comfort whenever I can which is most of the time. I usually wear a plain white tShirt & shorts unless I'm going outside when it's cold & then I wear jeans & a jacket. I wear that because I'm from Louisiana which is hot & humid half the year & it's more comfortable. Also the tShirt doesn't make a statement by having words on it that could cause me to stand out more. I wear shoes with velcro because I have bad fine motor-skills & a tremor disorder that can act up when doing things with fine motor-skills. It can also interfere with button down shirts. I don't like the feeling of tags on the back of my neck either so I cut them off if they are any.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 7:50 am

I am incredibly picky about clothes. Lately, I have been insisting on only wearing black and other dark colors, even though it is summer and somewhat warm here. I can't wear jeans or any other stiff fabrics. I only wear knit pants or skirts or dresses with leggings underneath. However, I only ever wear sneakers, and they have to be white. I used to only wear short sleeved shirts year round, but now I'm only wearing 3/4 length sleeves or long sleeves. I don't know why it changed, but I feel more comfortable now.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 2:21 pm

Casual/formal styles (esp. darker blue-colored clothing) are preferred.