Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:25 pm

I saw the Avengers with my little sister Katelyn (she's 12) and she doesn't get my hyperness and OMG! excitement over films I like. I "geek out" and get super excited like she'd be opening Christmas gifts but I can get this multiple times a year not just once and I LOVE IT! A new video game! A new movie I want to see!! ! I don't just get super excited ONCE out of the year. :-) She said my excitement embarrasses her but she goes with me to the movies anyway. :-) I was curious if anyone else shares this OMG! super excitement on things? Thanks!

chaines321
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2012, 10:39 pm

I do too. I get like a little kid on christmas. I kind of jump a little and get this big smile. I sometimes do it when my friends include me in they're plans to go out like to the movies (which is what we did a week ago) or when someone tells me we're going to do something that I like. I feel like a little kid when I do it and I'm sure I look kind of funny, but I get so excited and don't really know what to do so I do that little jump thing and say "yes" and get that big smile that I can't get rid of. Its kind of funny. :)

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Certain things will excite me like that, like checking out new instruments, or when I get a new instrument, I usually want to do nothing but play it all day long - if I do anything else, I just sit there and think about how much more I would rather be playing music. Often the same thing happens when I make or come across a song I really like and want to just play it over and over.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:46 pm

Never but thats me cut a finger off and look at it think this su*** and drive you self to the er because every one elts is paniced and you dont trust them to drive. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:58 pm

I get really excited over things too, especially if they are related to my special interests. As many members of WP can attest, I was hyped up for months waiting for Dark Shadows to come out. Too bad it didn't exactly live up to my expectations, but that's a story for a different thread.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 12:02 am

For me it depends. Like, stuff that most adults would get excited about--like, say, a raise or a promotion--don't excite me. (As a result, I'd make a terribly boring game show contestant.) On the other hand, I am susceptible to getting excited over cool new things related to my special interests. Oh, and Lego sets. :D When I do get excited, I tend to jump around or do a little dance.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:06 am

FishStickNick wrote:
For me it depends. Like, stuff that most adults would get excited about--like, say, a raise or a promotion--don't excite me. (As a result, I'd make a terribly boring game show contestant.) On the other hand, I am susceptible to getting excited over cool new things related to my special interests. Oh, and Lego sets. :D When I do get excited, I tend to jump around or do a little dance.

Ditto.

EQ: 6.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:11 am

FishStickNick wrote:

I'm much the same. I wouldn't get over-excited about a promotion, or a party the way other people seem to do. But I get really excited about anything to do with my interests, or things I like on the TV. If a book arrives from Amazon, or I'm going to buy wool or Sylvanians then I jump up and down and clap my hands like a demented monkey. Sometimes I dance before my favourite TV programmes start.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:15 am

Just like other people here, I too get excited over things related to my special interests. Then I tend to get quite hyper and jump up and down/flap my hands and get generally happy. Besides that it's actually quite difficult to get excitement out of me. Well, I might be excited, I just don't show it.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:22 am

Haha, I do the jumping as well. That happens pretty much whenever I get excited.

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2012, 3:29 am

Same here jump clap hands and flap when excited over the smallest things

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 4:31 am

Yes I do. I let it all out when I get very excited. When I don't show it, I act like I am not surprised. When I show it, I am acting like a little kid because I jump up and down or shake my hands.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Konstans
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2012, 2:58 pm

I got super excited when I was a kid and got my hands on fireworks. I just loved the big bangs and all the sparkles from it. I could just look at the details on the fireworks boxes for hours and also dismantle the firewroks to understand how it worked. As a 12 year old, I developed own effects and added other easy to obtain chemicals to make the bang bigger and more spectacular. Ohhboy, I was so excited, I hardly could sit still working with the fireworks!

In the beginning of the 90's, I was in the airforce and was no. 1 machinegunner, so I am very familiar with loud and sudden noices. When I joined a pistol club 5 years later i found that i have become afraid of gunshots! I do not like machines that makes loud noices, like buzzsaws, etc. Unfortunally, I'm a handyman, so I'm forced to use noisy equipment. :-(

So, from extreme excitement for fireworks, I have now gone to indifference or even a bit afraid.
Anyone else going though this?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:12 pm

Oh, from paying attention to the odd moments of others, I am confident that normal people of all ages get super excited too over the funniest of things. The difference is that they usually know how and are able to socially regulate it depending on the situation, some of them more and less than others. It's funny to observe.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:17 pm

No.

CanisMajor
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2012, 3:27 pm

I get super excited and giddy when I'm in a plane and we're about to take off or land. :P I stare out the window and sometimes squeal like a child as I take in the sensation of the sudden acceleration. I anticipate the moment we become airborne, as well as the moment we touch Earth again. I think it's an incredible feeling, and I find it hard to believe when I see others close the cover on their windows and try to nap during it, as if it were no big deal. :?