Do you often feel intellectually superior to others?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 7:49 pm

Yeah, a bit. It's frustrating.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm

Only when I am! :P Intellectual superiority the I way I define it is how you apply it otherwise it's just useless. IQ really is meaningless.

sunspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2016, 7:57 pm

mackico wrote:
Never.

I know a whole lot of random facts, I can spell some words that some people cannot, and I'm all right at working out mathematical equations in my head, but that does not make me superior.

If anything, I feel intellectually inferior to other people.

Other people just know different random facts and are all right at doing something else.
Which of course, doesn't make them superior to you in any way.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2016, 7:59 pm

Could you give an example of your own intellectual superiority?

Even better - is there a specific discipline you've made a contribution to?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:19 pm

The OP last visited Wrong Planet 3 years ago.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:24 pm

Nope, my sentence structure is quite poor and it does not get past people. I hate sounding like a moron.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Jul 2016, 8:26 pm

B19 wrote:

damn I hate falling for zombie threads

i feel like they should be pruned to be honest, kept in an archive file or something. Maybe the forum would function better without backlog of like 12 years.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
B19 wrote:

i feel like they should be pruned to be honest, kept in an archive file or something. Maybe the forum would function better without backlog of like 12 years.

Alex doesn't care about necro threading, he has made that clear but evidently it has bothered B19 for her to point it out. This could be a step in the right direction because frankly it annoys me more then anything else on this forum, even the captcha.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:53 pm

I was disappointed in that I went to a really good school for college but did not find lots of people who were smarter than me. In fact, there was usually a class every semester in which I'd intimidate the other students by doing exceptionally well--like getting a 98 on an exam in which the average was some 40 points lower. But I don't think I ever felt superior.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 9:12 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
B19 wrote:

Alex doesn't care about necro threading, he has made that clear but evidently it has bothered B19 for her to point it out. This could be a step in the right direction because frankly it annoys me more then anything else on this forum, even the captcha.

The main reason I drew attention to the thread's age was that there is little chance of a response to comments and questions directed to a long absent OP. If Alex thinks bumping old threads is ok, then it's ok with me too :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

Absolutely!

Because when I read my comic books I do it without moving my lips! :D

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 10:36 pm

B19 wrote:
dcj123 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
B19 wrote:

The main reason I drew attention to the thread's age was that there is little chance of a response to comments and questions directed to a long absent OP. If Alex thinks bumping old threads is ok, then it's ok with me too :)

Well...

Crap that wasn't the reply I was expecting there :D

Actually to be fair I wasn't expecting a reply.

It just triggers OCD with me, every other place on the Internet hates necro threading but us.

WHY ALEX WHY?

No I am just kidding, I'll crawl back under my rock thanks,

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 10:39 pm

I sometimes feel this way, but I've come to the conclusion that it has more to do with me having a more skeptical mindset than most people. I've noticed there are people who have a high IQ, yet still have silly beliefs regarding some things. I don't know what it is. I think people are just mentally programmed to believe what they are told without questioning. I don't understand it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 12:00 am

Obviously there's not much point trying to talk directly to an OP who is no longer around, but I don't know why anybody objects to resurrecting an old thread as such, if people are interested in the topic. I'd do it myself but I can't be bothered to trawl that far back.

I don't feel intellectually superior to others as such, but I do tend to get a feeling that a very large number of people are depressingly stupid. I try not to take that feeling too seriously.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 11:00 am

I used to feel very intellectually superior to other kids, especially in science, and especially in early elementary school years. Heck, I was reading 7th grade-level encyclopedias in 2nd grade. Needless to say, kids made fun of me mercilessly for being smart. I tried to compensate by deliberately underachieving in school, but then I got in deep trouble at home for bad grades. I was pretty much fighting a losing war on two fronts. In fact, if I'm somehow forced to have kids (I'm childfree, and fear women ages 28 to 36 because of that), I'd want my kids to be stupid and happy.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

I used to feel like that a lot. I still do occasionally, but I don't like to judge people based on intellect.