Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 12:46 am

Alright here goes, I simply wanna be able to do something with my life that interest me.

I know every nt wants a job that is exciting and pays well.

But what I mean, is more simply, I want to simply do something I can take interest in even if it's quite boring, regardless of how it pays.

Am I the only one that feels this way or are their more?

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 12:50 am

Stoek wrote:
Alright here goes, I simply wanna be able to do something with my life that interest me.

But what I mean, is more simply, I want to simply do something I can take interest in even if it's quite boring, regardless of how it pays.

You're not alone. So long as I can pays the bills and such, I'll take a seemingly dull job I enjoy that doesn't pay too well over an "exciting," high-paying job that I hate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 1:17 am

in my last 2 years of working, i finally was able to get the job of my dreams, a clean job where i didn't have to sweat and wear a grimy uniform, but nice office clothes, at a sit-down job of clerical nature, i was a hospital coder and ward clerk, it was a good fit for me, but unfortunately shrub laid off a bunch of us civil servants and i was out of a job. figures. :hmph:

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 6:15 am

Stoek wrote:

I don't think I quite understand. By 'boring', do you mean something that other people in general find boring? In the past I would have liked to work as a local ecologist, which would have involved charting lots of information on animal and/or plantlife, which many people would find boring and tedious, but I'd be perfectly happy with because it was literally my hobby. Is it something like that?

I currently hold a job as a cleaner, which pays decently (let me put it this way, it pays for bread and the bills), but is otherwise not all that exciting. I'm content with it, because I can find my excitement in my off hours and the weekends.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 6:37 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
I currently hold a job as a cleaner, which pays decently (let me put it this way, it pays for bread and the bills), but is otherwise not all that exciting. I'm content with it, because I can find my excitement in my off hours and the weekends.

:wtg: there aren't very many jobs that pay enough for the excitement.