How Often Do You Think About Suicide?

Page 5 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

How Often Do You Think About Suicide?
EveryDay 16%  16%  [ 91 ]
EveryDay 19%  19%  [ 107 ]
Weekly but not Daily 13%  13%  [ 73 ]
Weekly but not Daily 14%  14%  [ 77 ]
Monthly but not Weekly 10%  10%  [ 56 ]
Monthly but not Weekly 11%  11%  [ 60 ]
Yearly but not Monthly 8%  8%  [ 46 ]
Yearly but not Monthly 8%  8%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 556

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2013, 8:55 pm

My sucidal thoughts diminished after I started eating right and exercising. I was over 150 pounds now I'm under 130 pounds. Also I'm getting over the screaming kid/crying baby thing, I no longer use an iPod or ear plugs when I go to public places, I feel so free!
For any of you who feel sucidal or depressed, just start exercising, it gets your endorphins going.

www.stewartmango.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 9:48 pm

Other: Only when someone else brings up the subject.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:15 am

I need the "never" option. I do think people have the right to take their own life, but have never considered doing it. I'm naturally optimistic and can't stay down trodden for long. I always have to do something and almost always do something to either distract myself, or change situations. I haven't been very sympathetic to other people's problems, as I feel help is always there, as well as self-acceptance. I know I should learn to be more sensitive and understanding, but sometimes I feel it's unfair. Why can't I just be myself (even if being insensitive)?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 4:43 am

I am hit by the thought when seriously depressed or when catastrophizing. Don´t think, i´ll ever do it , though.

Last edited by Jensen on 07 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

07 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

I wish there was a "never" option here, as y-pod said. I am just far too upbeat for that sort of thing, because of how resilient I am as a person. It's just built into me.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 7:52 am

never lasts forever.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 4:16 pm

Think about, or actually consider?
When not in a suicidal position I occasionally think about it.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2013, 7:07 am

mrL wrote:
Regardless of what is happening in our lives, we aspies usually end up thinking about suicide. It could be during the happiest moments or the saddest. It often occurs at random. I usually think about suicide when I am happiest because I know the moment won't last. Thoughts of suicide are a daily thing for me and like many Aspies its not something that all the drugs in the world will fix. So how often do you think about suicide and what usually causes it?

For me, it's been every single morning when I get up for the past few years. When the workday Is slow or depressing sometimes i'll think about it the whole day through until I go back to bed. Life used to be so beautiful for me when I was younger. I had enough family around I was able to just coast along other people's happiness and feel happy off of that. The adult world brings much disappointments for aspies. I'm in my 30's but I remember watching this old 70's Disney movie "Pete's Dragon" there's a song in there that says there's a place for everyone on earth.. it seems that in the 2010's there is not. Either you have to be high-performing person or you get sidelined and used and abused by society. I want a family. I want to get married and have kids, but as I'm getting older it seems less and less likely with higher chances of any kids being born with mental disabilities (as parents get older). I saw my father's life with Asperger's. It's been so hard and traumatizing. He was away most of the time trying to make a living on the road while I was raised by my mom who was complaining about how he's always absent and doing the wrong thing. Since my mother passed he's been extremely lonely and depressed. He probably has the same thoughts I do every day, altho he does tell me he wished I had my life together better and made more money so I could help him out. I feel like such a failure I just want to disappear sometimes. I gave up on trying to do small-talk or make friends. My old man, as distant and hard to talk to as he is, is the last friend I have left. The future does not look good for me.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 11:03 am

Never.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2013, 12:46 pm

I rarely think about suicide, but when I do I do not think something like "I want to kill myself". I look out of the window of my classroom and think "what would happen if I jumped out now?" and I think about people who have never cared about me crying, the media inventing stories about me being bullied (that has never happened to me here in HS) and/or abused at home and having a sh**ty life and programming my suicide months and months before and how my face would be on the news and all of that makes me grin.
But I've never thought "I want to kill myself", but sometimes I told that to my parents to play a joke on them. My father believed that; my mother didn't.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

I've been thinking about suicide quite a lot lately. Not when I'm happy, or when things are going OK. But when I start thinking about stresses what I may never be able to solve, that's when I think about suicide. I have become so indecisive of what job I want to do and where I want to live. I want to move out but then that means I would have to work full-time, and at the moment I can't even emotionally cope with a part-time job. I find being under pressure too stressful. I don't know if it's to do with Asperger's or not but I feel living independantly where I am my own boss is so important to me. I feel claustrophobic having to go somewhere I don't want to be and having to follow these rules I don't want to follow and there's no way out of it.

But then I think, what's the point in committing suicide to escape from all the stresses of life? I wouldn't be alive to appreciate it. I need to escape the stresses of life but live at the same time, but that is impossible. Unless I win the lottery.

Luckily I haven't considered suicide. I've just been thinking about it. Then when I think about how they're slowly turning the UK into a third world country, that just makes me want to either commit suicide or beat David Cameron up.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 6:42 pm

I've been depressed recently but not to the point of suicide. I'm not sure what keeps me pushing on. Maybe it's the hope that things will get better and 2014 is going to be a stellar year.

Rigor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2013, 1:56 am

I'm pretty much decided that my life will end in suicide. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I'll eventually snap and do it. What is there to look forward to anyway, besides half a life spent being miserable at some workplace that I have to pretend to care about?

In a weird way though, knowing that I can end this at any time actually helps to keep me going.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm

I think about it in my recovery periods from anger.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 5:03 am

Other: Never. I believe that whatever happens, I'll still be able to find something fulfilling.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 7:53 am

i have tried to imagine i am a sewer flea, but i could not call any imagery to mind to fortify that imagery, so i have never thought about the sewer side because i am not hungry for anything contained within it. if i was going to kill myself i would bludgeon myself to death with a blunt object
that way at least i would get excersize and go out in a healthy way.