Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2013, 11:20 pm

I learned to swing by myself because i had to do a lot of things by myself and i was never taught things.
I was 5 when i learned to swing at kindergarten,on the last day i was there.

Did anyone have to learn to swing by themselves like i did and having trouble learning how do it?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

06 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm

I wasn't really on the swing set until about 7 years old. I was more into the hula hoop and pretty much scraping my knees and elbows raw. I was a rough-and-tumble kind of kid. :lol:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2013, 11:41 pm

No, I' enjoyed swing sets from I was too little to get on them myself, so my parents would lift me up and place me in them when I was a year or two. They'd push the swing, and as I got older (3? 4?), I'd do it myself because they made it go too slow. I liked the swings!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2013, 11:46 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I wasn't really on the swing set until about 7 years old. I was more into the hula hoop and pretty much scraping my knees and elbows raw. I was a rough-and-tumble kind of kid. :lol:

Did you have any difficulties when you were trying to learn how to swing?

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

I found swinging really difficult as a child. I can't really remember why though, I think it was in large due to muscular hypotonia though.

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2013, 12:07 am

Skilpadde wrote:
No, I' enjoyed swing sets from I was too little to get on them myself, so my parents would lift me up and place me in them when I was a year or two. They'd push the swing, and as I got older (3? 4?), I'd do it myself because they made it go too slow. I liked the swings!

I found it hard to know what to do like moving your legs in front like how other people did but i was only kicking out and not moving forward with my body but i had to learn the hard way and it took me a long time to get going.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:08 am

I always needed a push to swing, come to think of it my OT may have been the one to teach me to swing at like age 8 or 9 when I was all but no longer interested and when school ripped out the old playground, my luck. One of those bad at most physical stuff things. I hurt myself playing alot aswell too when I was young, actually I still do.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

07 Mar 2013, 12:21 am

kembleman wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

No, I figured it out right away when I was swinging my legs around for no reason. I somehow figured out that if I swung my legs a certain way I'd go higher. I'd make it go really high and jump out of the seat after that.

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2013, 12:32 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
kembleman wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

No, I figured it out right away when I was swinging my legs around for no reason. I somehow figured out that if I swung my legs a certain way I'd go higher. I'd make it go really high and jump out of the seat after that.

It took me a long time for me to swing but most people would do it without trying and getting higher was hard for me too.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

This might be a stupid question but how do you learn how to swing if you don't do it by yourself? I mean you have to do it by yourself eventually. Or do you mean without instructions from anyone?

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2013, 1:02 am

rebbieh wrote:
This might be a stupid question but how do you learn how to swing if you don't do it by yourself? I mean you have to do it by yourself eventually. Or do you mean without instructions from anyone?

I mean if you were new to the whole idea of swinging.
For me i stood on the swing first and i didn't know that you had to sit on it so i sat on the swing not knowing that you could swing without any idea what the swing was so i done things the hard way and learned things from there.I'm not sure if i answered your question right.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 4:32 am

kembleman wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

I found it hard to know what to do like moving your legs in front like how other people did but i was only kicking out and not moving forward with my body but i had to learn the hard way and it took me a long time to get going.

It came naturally to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 6:34 am

I just put my keys in the bowl and followed what the other couples did :p

Alexithymia: 137