Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bonafan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

Hi

I find that I really struggle when I am not at work. I look forward to the holidays as I want the rest but after a day or two I find myself getting really low and anxious. I think its because I want my routine back...anyone get this?

My colleagues think I am very strange!

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

I just had a similar experience (kind of): On February 12, I slipped on the ice and sprained my wrist very badly. I made my way to work anyhow (I am a part-time cashier at Walmart; my other job is teaching college courses online) and they sent me to the doctor. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but I was out for two weeks (doctor's note).

When I came back, it was more stressful than it should have been. I felt panicky for the entire first week. Maybe it was partially due to the fact that I had injured myself (vs. just being off for holidays--which doesn't happen there anyhow :roll:) but I think it was the routine "break" (no pun intended). I became "un-used" to dealing with people on a daily basis, so part of me "forgot" how...kind of. 8O

Yes, I was still doing my other job, but that atmosphere is obviously quite different.

So--sort of like you, sort of not--but I guess I can relate in a different way.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 10:23 pm

I know what you mean. I have had that, too. Looking forward to the holiday and then once on holiday not knowing what to do.

But at the moment work is getting very stressful because of bullying etc. So I don't want to go back to work at all. Now I realize that being able to want to go back to work is not a bad thing after all.