Would being VERY ticklish on your chest be a sensory-issue?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Azureth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2013, 4:21 am

One thing that has always bothered me is when people touch my chest, I end up getting this very horrible ticklish feeling and can't stand it. My friends make fun of me for it and will even tickle me on purpose. It's weird because you can touch my arm or back and it's fine, but if someone touches my chest it's horrible.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2013, 4:47 am

I don't know how to really answer your question but I can give you an example of my sensory issues to hopefully give you an idea?

If I don't see someone and they touch me, it triggers this sort of.. Panic, I jump as if you shot a gun off behind me, my mind blanks for a second and I might appear to freeze. This happens anywhere on my body and is most intense when someone touches the top of my head. That's just my example for touch, I have many more but I'll keep those to myself, hope I helped you understand.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2013, 6:57 am

It's possible that it's part of tactile sensivity (exteroception), me and my daughters are all ultra ticklish (my youngest to the point she can become hysterical and cry because it's so overwhelming). But what seems to go against this is that you only feel it in one place.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum