Do You Want To go away From kids when they Scream,too?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mrmjb1960
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Mar 2013, 8:35 pm

I'd lived most of my Childhood in Kid's Wards,and had to suffer,night after agonizing night,listening to poor Kids' Screams,and as the result,Can't stand it when a Child Shrieks! It's like Fingernails on a Blackboard,only Worse,Much Worse for me! I want to remove myself from the source,or play music thru my Headphones to drown out them! Does anyone else here have the same problem as I With this?

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 9:06 pm

yes, when i was younger and kids would scream i would just scream too, now i just cover my ears and get irretated

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 9:12 pm

I have an issue with this too, not just children but any screaming as well, I only spent 2 weeks in the childrens ward. I can't understand how anyone can brush it off and put up with it when I have to cover my ears and lose the abillity to think.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 9:23 pm

Hell yes.

Kaede
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2013, 9:30 pm

I never spent much time around children but them screaming really annoys me. It's a loud, high pitched noise. I don't like either of those on their own and they really upset me when they're combined.
I hated the child who used to live next door to me because she never shut up. Thankfully she moved but the one living there now still screams.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

I hate when anyone screams

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 1:15 am

Children screaming is one of my biggest irritants. If I were prone to meltdowns, this would probably be my trigger. It is 99% for that reason that I will never have children of my own, nor will I babysit my potential nieces or nephews until they have surpassed screaming age. I don't care if it's unfriendly, I can't stand it.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Hell-Fox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2013, 1:27 am

If I had control over those kids I would make it so they can only scream outside, indoors they need to keep their little voices down. If not I simply go for a walk and get out of there or put on my headset and listen to music or game to drown them out. I can't imagine dealing with kids all the time as part of a job, that would just give me migraines.

Parasol
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 1:32 am

Screaming children piss me off. It makes me want to duct tape them (but I don't do it because then I will be in a ton of s**t from the parents). Screaming is one of the few sounds that make me lose my mental control (I don't know how to say it exactly and I will throw meltdowns) if I am exposed for too long. I can't stand crying children either.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 1:41 am

It used to bother me a lot but not as much now. In a way I think, yeah kid go ahead and scream. In fact scream harder until your throat hurts the next 2 days or you eventually just lose your voice. I'm just going to calmly mind my own business while watching you raise hell and go spastic.

Aero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2013, 1:42 am

Yes, but it's really any screaming in general. I work in retail, so I hear a lot of it - from children and adults - on a daily basis. Some days, I am able to "zone out" and make myself go into another world for a few seconds while it's happening . . . but most of the time, I literally feel like my head is about to explode.

The other day at work, I had a group (6-7) of women come through to my register and they were all being extremely loud. They had a relatively large purchase, so I was with them for about 5 minutes, and I literally felt like I was going to cry by the end of that transaction.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 3:01 am

Don't like loud noises and my 3 year old daughter now I find difficult when she gets excited and shouts a lot but as a baby she was fine. Just coped because, well there is nothing else to do really.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:31 am

I have meltdowns in response to screaming kids.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:11 am

Doesn't everyone want to get away from screaming/shouting kids and adults? I thought they did ... I certainly do.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 8:38 am

mrmjb1960 wrote:
I'd lived most of my Childhood in Kid's Wards,and had to suffer,night after agonizing night,listening to poor Kids' Screams,and as the result,Can't stand it when a Child Shrieks! It's like Fingernails on a Blackboard,only Worse,Much Worse for me! I want to remove myself from the source,or play music thru my Headphones to drown out them! Does anyone else here have the same problem as I With this?

Where you ever one of those that were screaming? Is it a PTSD type of thing? What type of screaming are we talking about? Screaming out of joy, fear, pain, etc?
Some screamers may have scream just to annoy others, while others might really be afraid of something.

I do not like childrens' screaming in general, especially high pitched and screaming over and over for no reason at all.
There was actually a case where neigbors got upset and i believe went to court over their neighbors children constantly screaming as if they were being killed 24/7 when they obviously were fine. That would make me go nuts.

Despite that i do not like to hear them screaming, if the reasoning behind the screaming was sincerely that the child was hurt or upset i would try to help them, thus quiet the screaming.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 10:23 am

Yes, and this is why I had to give up on seeking employment in retail. Babies and toddlers screaming in shops has always agitated me, and so I knew it wouldn't do me much good to work in an environment where there is a high possibility of getting screaming toddlers round your feet.

I remember when I done work experience in a supermarket, and on my first day I had to fill out a small form at the customer services desk when I first arrived, and there was this brat having the biggest tantrum I ever heard (not exaggerating), and was laying on the floor - right over my feet. I was already apprehensive because it was my first day working somewhere I had never been to before, and there was lots of people about, and I was trying to fill out a small form but couldn't concentrate because of this brat laying right across my feet kicking and screaming. It was amazing to hear such a terribly loud roar coming from such a small creature, and also how strong the kid was when it's mum was trying to pick it up. I just kept cool and tried to fill out the form, but inside I was shaking and actually felt quite worried at the noise.

If I wasn't as self-aware as I am, I would have walked straight out. I know it's not the kid's fault or the mother's fault, but that still doesn't stop me from feeling like I do.