What type of lights and objects intrigues you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 12:30 am

infilove wrote:
I love Christmas lights. When I was younger I used to get obsessed with Christmas lights every December. I used to buy severial sets and decorate the house with as many sets as I could afford out of my allowance. I also used to interchange the all the lights creating odd patterns of colors on the strings. I used to get really obsessed with the 140-150 bulb sets that had the "effect functions." I used to click through them all the time. I even asked my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers if I could decorate the classroom and they let me. The kids loved it. Normally I would continue to be obsessed with light well on the way through January and then the interest would fade off to continue again to the next end of the year.

I love Christmas lights too. I have then strung all over the inside of my house. I use only white ones off season. I like the shadowless ambient light they give off.

Your lucky that your teachers let you decorate the school. must have look cool. My teachers where such fu*king as*holes that they would never let me even dream of doing something like that.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 7:34 pm

Light
I like to watch lightning storms and the way light reflects on my lathe's chuck when it's moving. It's mesmerizing @_@

Objects
I love working with machines especially lathes. Every time I go to work I feel this burst of electric energy coursing through my body. Yeah, it makes me that excited. :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 May 2013, 12:27 am

Anything that doesn't really fit in to an environment will distract me. :lol:

Fire will hold my attention for a while.

Katlady485
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 May 2013, 9:51 pm

My lava lamp.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 7:45 am

redrobin62 wrote:
Running water does it for me.

My little boy can't get enough of running water. Even during 40 degree weather he wants to turn on the hose.

I get stuck staring at candle flames sometimes, trying to see where the flame ends and the smoke begins and where all the different colors start to separate. The same with prisms/crystals. I have one hanging in my livingroom window and it sends little rainbows all over the room.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2013, 8:21 am

I can't stop watching the waves at high speed on a windy day. I love big waves and storms.

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2013, 10:45 pm

A lot of things can put me in a trance, but several seem to be water or light related:

-the pattern of raindrops on a window or car windshield
-ripples on water / falling water
-reflection of street lights on wet pavement
-candles flickering
-the pattern of light reflected on leaves (I used to stare into the tops of trees for hours as a kid) or the shadows of leaves on the ground--once, during a solar eclipse, I got really excited because I saw that the shadows were transformed; the shadows of the leaves were not shaped like the leaves, but like thousands of watery crescents all over the sidewalk

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 1:33 am

Patterns in general will hold my attention. I like to sit in the garden and study the veins on leaves, too.

My family's church has a big crystal-laden chandelier hung above the altar; I'll sometimes zone out and stare at the colors the crystal puts off from the refracted light.

Quote:
I like looking at power lines. I like how they crisscross the country side and travel a long routs. I often get curious in seeing where they go. I also enjoy looking at the neat line work. I also enjoy looking at the ways roads, highways, onramps, and street lights look and how they differ from state to state. I find something about it to be relaxing.

Same here. When I wake the train, I like to watch as we pass power lines. I spend more time paying attention to the road itself when I'm a passenger in a car than on the scenery.

Spuggey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2013, 7:31 pm

Glow sticks, fairy lights and glowing liquids... O.o

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:37 pm

Christmas lights.

Campfires, when the flames have died down and the remaining embers twinkle and wink.

Lightning.

Black light posters.

Starlight, when viewed from high up in the mountains.

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2013, 5:48 am

I also love seeing windows of houses or blocks of flats all lit up, emitting an orange light. I love golder hour and blue hour, blue hour makes things look exciting and feel like a sci-fi movie, and golden hour is just so warm and beautiful. Bioluminescence is another good one, that shiny blue is fascinating to me, I could watch it for hours.