Daeling with people who don't understand

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 4:51 am

I have no social worker at the moment; so can't speak to them about this.

Basically, I have a "support worker" who has decided that I don't have Autism. I've got it in writing that I've got it.

She sees nothing wrong with giving a few hours notice and forcing me to meet with people in noisy places. She knows I don't like noise. :x She did argue "well you do go out". Um, yes, but that's my choice. If I don't like it, I can just leave.

I was meant to be meeting with her and someone else last Wednesday; but I wasn't well and that place is noisy too.

charlottez
Raven
Raven

05 May 2013, 6:39 am

Who hired this support worker? They need to be notified that she's unqualified and harmful.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 6:48 am

It was my (now-ex) social worker.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 7:11 am

If she actually /told/ you that you don't have autism and you have been diagnosed as such then you need to make a written complaint about that to her employers and to the local social services. Even if she is simply acting very insensitively and refusing to take your wishes and needs into account, you need to make a complaint about it to her employers and to the local social services. A support worker is meant to SUPPORT you in going about the things you wish to go about in life; it is not up to them to dictate your schedule or make you do anything. Presumably you are an adult; adults, autistic or otherwise, get to make their own choices in life; if this person is as insensitive and unhelpful as she sounds you can choose to be rid of her.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 8:09 am

Thanks. I will contact my old social worker and ask her about this. It was her who decided I don't have it, because someone else said I don't. :x