Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 7:11 am

Do any of you have an issue in reading and absorbing letters when they arrive?

Do you need to go back and read them again a few times, and do you miss whole paragraphs meanings without wanting to? Does it take a while for them to make sense?

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 8:50 am

Quote:

Yes, I do.

Quote:
Do you need to go back and read them again a few times, and do you miss whole paragraphs meanings without wanting to? Does it take a while for them to make sense?

Yes to all questions.

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

whirlingmind wrote:

Having dealt extensively in written communication over the last few years, I assure you that this is not an "Aspie trait", it's universal.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 1:45 pm

Irrespective of whether it's an Aspie trait or not, I have it really badly. And I have caused myself trouble with it, for instance phoning people and accusing them of not doing something they said they'd do...when it was there in B&W. :oops: Just as well I don't have a problem apologising to people eh.

I've noticed it's a real problem with me, which is weird because I am highly verbal. I wondered if it has something to do with executive function or something.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 1:53 pm

whirlingmind wrote:
Irrespective of whether it's an Aspie trait or not, I have it really badly. And I have caused myself trouble with it, for instance phoning people and accusing them of not doing something they said they'd do...when it was there in B&W. :oops: Just as well I don't have a problem apologising to people eh.

I've noticed it's a real problem with me, which is weird because I am highly verbal. I wondered if it has something to do with executive function or something.

It has happened to me before WM. Sometimes I get lost in the details. Is this what happens with you as well? It isn't just letters as well. I can end up forgetting to bring stuff or do stuff. Because of this, I end up double and triple checking myself in many areas. I've always thought this happened with everyone. Are you saying it doesn't?

I end up driving my wife batty with double and triple checking things with her because it carries over when we're doing stuff together because really I'm double and triple checking myself. Do you end up doing double and triple checking yourself to an extreme and your husband as well or is this just a cubedemon thing?

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 2:34 pm

Well AgentPalpatine seems to say it does happen with everyone, or at least a lot of people.

I do the constant checking too, with things like that I turned off the oven, locked the door, locked the car. That is an Aspie thing for sure, but it also crosses over into OCD (which I have a little splash of :wink: )