High School male with AS stabs classmate.

Page 2 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 5:53 pm

I'm going to sleep good tonight knowing one less bully is around, and that the person with AS fought back.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 6:11 pm

alex wrote:
KenM wrote:
Dart wrote:
Violence is never the answer (except in self-defense).

So it makes how he treated the person with AS ok? The kid with AS was sick and tired of being pushed around. He pushed back and now he is in jail for standing up for himself. That kid deserved it, I hope he is burning in hell for messing with someone else.

he's in jail because he's a murderer. that kid didn't deserve to die. so, he bullied someone. Everyone makes mistakes. doesn't mean they should be murdered.

HE MAY NOT HAVE DESERVED TO DIE BUT IT WASN'T COMPLETELY THE AS KIDS FAULT THAT HE MURDERED THAT KID. WHEN YOU ARE BULLIED NOBODY DOES JACK ABOUT IT AND IF YOU DO SO MUCH AS LIFT A FINGER AGAINST THE BULLIES YOU GET INTO ALL SORT OF TROUBLE. IT'S THE SCHOOL SYSTEM'S FAULT, THEY NEED A SYSTEM FOR DEALING WITH BULLIES WHERE s**t HAPPENS TO THE BULLY FOR WHAT THEY DO AND NO A VICTIM OF BULLYING CAN'T BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE IF THEY ATTEMPT A LITTLE SELF DEFENSE.

YOU CAN DISAGREE WITH ME ALL YOU WANT, BUT IN THE END IF THIS s**t ISN'T FIXED MORE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 6:12 pm

alex wrote:
i dont see how it's ever OK to stab someone.

What about someone on the board of directors at microsoft? :D *joking*

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 6:14 pm

I am worried that people will hear about this, and think that everyone with AS is like this John Odgren guy.

For years, I was (and still am) worried that people will mistake my AS for schizophrenia--and they will think that I am like John Hinckley or Andrea Yates.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 6:14 pm

WHEN I WAS IN JUNIOR HIGH I WAS SUSPENDED BECAUSE I WAS BEING ATTACKED AND I WAS HOLDING A CHAIR BECAUSE I NEEDED SOMETHING BETWEEN ME AND THE as*holes THAT WERE ATTACKING ME, THAT WAS UTTER FÜCKING BS. NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ATTACKING ME!! !

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2007, 6:26 pm

Critical Analysis Using Reasonable Thinking

article wrote:
Moments after a 15-year-old student was stabbed to death Friday at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, a 16-year-old classmate blurted out, "I did it. I did it," to police, a prosecutor said.

Confessing because he felt so terrible he sought punishment for his crime instead of pretending it did not happen. Would you do the same?

article wrote:
John Odgren, 16, of Princeton, pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of James Alenson, 15, a freshman from Sudbury, an affluent town about 17 miles west of Boston.

Affluent town meaning one that treats those less fortunate with disdain.

article wrote:
A police report said that after the stabbing, Odgren also said: "Is he OK? I don't want him to die."

Because he was being honest, he had all the bottled up anger of years on his side, and so possibly planned to hurt him. Important to realize that in his mind the person he was going to hurt didn't have any humanity left, it was taken during everyday he got teased and bullied by them.

article wrote:
Authorities would not comment on a possible motive for the stabbing.

Because they know if they did he would recieve sympathy from some, so better not to explain the circumstances.

article wrote:
Middlesex District Attorney Gerard Leone said a fight broke out at about 7:20 a.m. Friday between Odgren and Alenson in a school bathroom and spilled out into the hallway, where the stabbing took place.

Obviously he was the instigator, but I'm sure it went something like "Brad, hey.. you know you've had this a long time coming, I am gonna kick the s**t out of you mofo, I hope you die". Meanwhile he said "you're a pansy, a loser, a nothing that's why I pick on you everyday, what a pathetic no-friend thing you are". Thems fighting words ehh?

article wrote:
Odgren's attorney, Jonathan Shapiro, said Odgren has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and has been taking medications for many years.

Medications that Odgren's attorney and the police probably know all to well since they're taking those things too, lmao.

article wrote:
"The defendant has a history of fairly serious psychological diagnoses and has also suffered from hyperactivity dysfunction for many years," Shapiro said. "What is clear is John has a serious disability."

Hyperactivity being the result of him wanting to kick the s**t out of that guy for teasing him each day but doing nothing.

article wrote:
"Framingham District Court Judge Paul Healy ordered Odgren held without bail. In addition to the murder charge, Odgren is also charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon illegally in a school. In first- and second-degree murder cases in Massachusetts, anyone age 14 or older is automatically tried as an adult.

14 or older is adult? Does that mean I can have sex with a 14 year old girl then?

article wrote:
"Assistant District Attorney Daniel Bennett said Odgren stabbed Alenson twice with a long knife -- once in the abdomen and once in the heart. Alenson also had cuts on his neck, Bennett said. The knife was found inside the school bathroom where the incident took place.

:p

article wrote:
Bennett said witnesses saw Odgren leaving the bathroom area.

I saw someone leave to, it was me! I killed that mofo, he was a beotch!

article wrote:
"The timing of the stabbing strongly suggests that Mr. Odgren planned this premeditated murder and took Mr. Alenson's life," Bennett said.

Who cares, he may have planned it but did he plan to get away, infact did he plan anything after it? Sounds to me like he was so out of things he didn't even know what he was doing.

article wrote:
Mary Clemens, a 17-year-old senior, said that a friend called her Friday morning on her way to school to tell her the building had been locked down. When she arrived, she saw students gathered in the cafeteria.

So she still went to school even though it had been locked down? Why in the hell would you do that? Unless of course you thrive on the drama created in the situation, and wanna be apart of it! Students in the cafeteria, boo hoo.

article wrote:
"We were told by an administrator that someone was stabbed and it was bad, that that person was taken to the hospital and someone else had been taken to the police," Clemens said.

Stabbed and it was bad? wtf are you kidding! LOL Yeah stabbing someone isn't ever bad, there may be times when it's actually good, like this one :-)

article wrote:
""It was shocking," she said. "You would never expect something like that to happen at our school, but I guess it can happen anywhere."

Spoken like someone that's never been harassed on a daily basis ehh?

article wrote:
"All of the school's approximately 1,600 students were sent home at about 10:30 a.m.

What the hell was the point of having them even come in then, to tell them someone had been stabbed?

article wrote:
"We're obviously heartbroken dealing with this," said John Ritchie, the school's superintendent and principal.

Did they even know the guys? I bet they have no idea who they were until they read or saw the pictures, lmao.

article wrote:
"State Education Commissioner David P. Driscoll called the stabbing "everyone's worst nightmare."

Not everyones, just pathetic weakingless that think there aren't more people dying in Africa in wars than here. Oh wait, that doesn't count :-P I think rape is pretty bad, worse than this.

"
article wrote:
"The presence of violence in our society today is almost incomprehensible," Driscoll said in a statement. "It is only made worse when it occurs between young people and impacts the lives of our children. A tragedy of this magnitude defies explanation."

I'm sorry, impacts who? I can totally say that although the girls may cry, and although the men may moan, in the end the kid that died probably was never really valued by any of them. Imagine if he'd just moved away, and they were told that instead? Nobody, and I mean nobody, would give a damn about him. Instead because they say "he's dead" there's all this drama suddenly, and the evil one that caused it.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Some of my thoughts, they may change however.. I just bored :-Z~

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 6:26 pm

There is only one problem with your line of logic, the other kid was another sped student. Oh and please don't ever say every 16 year old should be tried and sentenced as an adult!, that annoys me to no end as it generally just adds a victim to the tally.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

sderenzi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2007, 6:33 pm

You talk to me or someone else? Me confuse'd

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2007, 6:56 pm

I don't honestly know the real issue in using diagnoses to define who someone is or what they are doing but people with AS are different. His train of thought is different than the perceptions coming from a usual brain since that is how we talk of AS. I suppose that who he really is may be proved to be a nice person who is eager to learn and wants to mix in with the crowd. But, hell, people can be brought up angry and depressed so they don't know how to deal with bullies. I mean, get f*****g clue! Its linked to the schools flawd system (perhaps more accurate to say of the enviroment in general that one is in) because schools can be just a big zoo with some roaming wild beasts... (violence breeds violence which is powered by fear and anger etc.) This is a shared perception among everyone who reads and watches of violence all over the media..

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 7:01 pm

As a victim of bullying, I say that the response to bullying, including self-defense and traumatic stress, should be a valid legal defense for killing a bully. As they say in Texas, "He needed killing." Bullies can actually succeed in destroying someone's family, or driving people to suicide. I'm glad the kid stood up to him.

I'm thinking about how women who were being stalked by their abusive husbands and ex-husbands have had an uphill climb to have their problems recognized legally. If such a man has beaten her before and he forces his way into the house to beat her again, she is absolutely entitled to as many shots to his midsection as there are bullets in the magazine. If he doesn't want to get shot he can stay away. It's his choice.

The victim of a bully is in the same plight. He has no idea whether that bully will eventually kill him. He or she can usually attest to the fact that the bully can make his life so that it isn't worth living. How much damage must a person allow before he is entitled to a potentially lethal offense? Bullying is not "teasing." It is not "just kids being kids." It is stalking. It is physical and mental abuse that is potentially lethal. It is often organized enough to be a group targeting certain youngsters, a group made up of children and adults. When you know who does what and with what effect, the idea of protecting the bully from knives and bullets is pretty distasteful.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 7:16 pm

alex wrote:
he's in jail because he's a murderer. that kid didn't deserve to die. so, he bullied someone. Everyone makes mistakes. doesn't mean they should be murdered.

OK, Alex, I just HAVE to ask! What's up? You seem to be posting more, and seem to almost be against the way AS people normally are, etc....

I talk about how I used to SEEM more arogant, and you belittle the idea!

People talk about speaking "big" words, and you belittle the idea!

NOW, here you say "so, he bullied someone. Everyone makes mistakes."! Bullying is NOT a mistake! It takes EFFORT! He SUCCEEDED in his goal, it was DELIBERATE! Now I am not condoning John Odgren's act. I have been a PACIFIST, to the benefit of bullies against ME! I have taken REMARKABLE hostilities. Every once and a while I would respond(An average of once a year), but for the most part I didn't.

I don't like what ken is saying, but I have been there. He might have perceived things worse. I DOUBT he was hurt more than I was. If he was, then I can certainly understand his hatred, and perhaps even condone it. I wish I felt then as I do now. I would have been better, and the bullies would probably stay 15+ feet away from me. Maybe the reason why I acted as I did was just an AS trait. Who knows.

ANYWAY, in short, if he made ANY mistake, is was that "He made a mistake because he thought the AS person wouldn't fight back".

Steve

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 7:40 pm

SteveK wrote:
alex wrote:

OK, Alex, I just HAVE to ask! What's up? You seem to be posting more, and seem to almost be against the way AS people normally are, etc....

I talk about how I used to SEEM more arogant, and you belittle the idea!

People talk about speaking "big" words, and you belittle the idea!

NOW, here you say "so, he bullied someone. Everyone makes mistakes."! Bullying is NOT a mistake! It takes EFFORT! He SUCCEEDED in his goal, it was DELIBERATE! Now I am not condoning John Odgren's act. I have been a PACIFIST, to the benefit of bullies against ME! I have taken REMARKABLE hostilities. Every once and a while I would respond(An average of once a year), but for the most part I didn't.

I don't like what ken is saying, but I have been there. He might have perceived things worse. I DOUBT he was hurt more than I was. If he was, then I can certainly understand his hatred, and perhaps even condone it. I wish I felt then as I do now. I would have been better, and the bullies would probably stay 15+ feet away from me. Maybe the reason why I acted as I did was just an AS trait. Who knows.

ANYWAY, in short, if he made ANY mistake, is was that "He made a mistake because he thought the AS person wouldn't fight back".

Steve

Well said, my friend.

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2007, 8:02 pm

Being bullied does not justified murder. Is it wrong to stand up for yourself? No, but if your too much of a coward to do it like a man and resort to something like this then you get no sympathy. The bullying he's going to get in prison for the rest of his life is going a hell of alot worse than it would of been the couple years it would of been in high school.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 8:08 pm

QL wrote:
Being bullied does not justified murder. Is it wrong to stand up for yourself? No, but if your too much of a coward to do it like a man and resort to something like this then you get no sympathy. The bullying he's going to get in prison for the rest of his life is going a hell of alot worse than it would of been the couple years it would of been in high school.

BULLYING IS OBVIOUSLY NOT SOMETHING YOU'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH TO ANY EXTENT.

IT'S ATTITUDES LIKE THIS THAT MAKES THESE THINGS HAPPEN. YOU NEVER FOR ONE INSTANCE THINK OF HOW TO PREVENT SOMEBODY FROM WANTING TO DO THIS. YOU THINK BULLYING IS OKAY, YOU MAY SAY OTHERWISE TO BE MORE DIPLOMATIC, BUT DEEP DOWN THIS IS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK. IF SOMEBODY HAD INTERVEINED AND PUNISHED THE BULLY AND MADE SURE IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN AGAIN THE BULLY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN KILLED.

YOU'RE PROBABLY THE SAME PERSON THAT BLAMES A TIGER FOR KILLING SOMEBODY WHEN THAT SOMEBODY WAS PROVOKING THE HELL OUT OF THE TIGER.

THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT ARE TO BLAME ARE THE BULLY AND THE NEGLIGENT PEOPLE WHO LET THE BULLYING HAPPEN.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 8:20 pm

KenM wrote:
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO40534/

They are making the kid with AS out to be the bad guy. He was teased and took a stand. Good for him, now I bet the NT's won't screw with him anymore.

Actually, i pretty much agree with you. Bullies are a type of psychic vampire (i personally call them discordant beings). psychic vampires indirectly murder you by constantly agonizing you, causing you extreme stress, thus leading to stress-related illness or suicide. I'm sure the young aspergian tried every peaceful option to avoid that discordant being but I'm sure the discordant being wouldn't allow it. The aspergian boy simply ran out of options and fought for his life. It was either his life or the bully's.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 9:42 pm

The real people to blame are the ADULTS who left an AS kid to languish in a toxic environment where he was being bullied.

Having been bullied viciously myself, I cannot help but feel vindication when I read a story like this. This does not mean that murder is an appropriate remedy for being bullied, but when will people stop acting confounded when they see a bullied kid fight back? If you torture someone long enough and hard enough, they WILL snap.

KenM, you seem to have missed the fact that this poor AS kid is in prison now. Do you think it's going to be any more pleasant for him in prison, than in school? He's now going to be drowning in bullies, at the bottom of the food chain... so no, murder wasn't an answer, not because I feel much pity for the murder victim, but because this AS kid is now worse off than before. He's dug himself a deeper hole.