Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 11:57 pm

Dory and I love hoodie weather....know why? Cuz Dory (my stuffed dolphin and comfort item) fits perfectly into the front pouch of my favorite hoodie, and that way I can carry her around on my person without anyone noticing! :D When I was younger, I actually carried her around by her tail, but as I got older, I felt that I needed to sort of "keep her hidden" (not only because I was afraid of backlash or ridicule from those who thought I was too old for a comfort item, but also because I worried that someone would take her away from me). So, I started carrying her in either my pockets or my backpack/shoulder bags. When it came to carrying her in a pocket, it had to be a pocket that was big enough to accommodate her, so she didn't "bulge out"....the big front pocket on my hoodie is perfect for her, since she doesn't create much of a "bulge" in it, and people probably just think the lump is just a phone or pair of gloves, or the like.

I like having Dory in the front pocket of my hoodie cuz that way if I get anxious, I can reach in and rub the section of her fluke (tail) that soothes me...also, I don't have any mittens or gloves, and my hands get really chapped in the winter, and when I cram my hands into the front pocket, Dory helps to keep them warm. :D

Anyway, idk why I'm posting about this, I'm just really glad that I can finally wear my favorite article of clothing (my favorite hoodie is a lime-green Minnesota University one I got from my favorite aunt; I wear it all the time and it's pretty much the wolf suit to my Max :wink: ) and secretly carry my comfort item around at the same time. I guess....will the winter weather bring back any comforting, soothing rituals/items for anyone else? :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2013, 2:07 am

I wear hoodies in the summertime. They are SO comfortable. I don't care about the heat, I can just unzip it a little. Congratulations.

kifotv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2013, 2:10 am

I wait all summer for hoodie weather to show up. Finally a comfortable place to put my hands while walking! I'm pretty sure I don't do the loose hands thing right

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 2:29 am

kifotv wrote:
I wait all summer for hoodie weather to show up. Finally a comfortable place to put my hands while walking! I'm pretty sure I don't do the loose hands thing right

Yeah, that's one part about hoodie weather that I like, too. I know for a fact that I don't do the loose hands thing right. :P

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2013, 9:30 am

I totally understand what you mean about hoodie weather--I'm not a hoodie person myself, but I know the feeling of putting on comfortable, loved clothing when the weather gets colder. hope you and Dory continue to enjoy it! Another one of my comfort things is hot tea--I have it in the morning and then again in the afternoon.