I'm interviewed w/ Diane Kruger about The Bridge on FX

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

alwaystomorrow wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
So, is this show a direct replica episode for episode of the Swedish version? It's curious that they would do that.
I don't think it is or will be -- have you seen the Danish-Swedish original?
The first two episodes alone contain about fifteen to twenty minutes of material that just wouldn't be aired on mainstream US-American tv channels.

Apart from that -- I think it would probably be a great idea for the general US public to be exposed to more foreign media (if people all over the world manage to put up with subtitles or bad dubs of third-rate action blockbusters made in Hollywood, then I don't see why Amurricans can't). I also understand that they'd probably find it 'obscure' and 'hard to understand' because of a number of cultural differences, and the more complex a show, the more difficult it gets -- Broen/Bron is fairly complex.

Obscurity and less accessibility is a problem for the channels that want to air the show for revenue.

I might watch the US remake eventually, but for now, I'm looking forward to the second series of the original. :)

Yeah, I saw the pilot of the Swedish version last night, and almost every scene that didn't need to be altered due to the differing location was virtually identical to the US version. The only real difference of note that I saw regarding the characters was that they were trying to make Sonya's AS more apparent through the dialogue. I'm not saying a replica is a bad thing, I just find it interesting; you hear of spin-offs of shows, but apart from the basic theme they are usually quite different from the original.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 9:44 pm

Okay we watched the first 2 episodes of The Bridge (not to be confused with the Canadian cop show with the same name that is also new).
I like the show, i like that it brings attention to Mujeres de Juarez and i like criminal investigation type shows.

The Santa Muerte shrines are sweet touch i hope Santa Muerte isn't vilified.

The main character is interesting, she is definitely an Aspie.
Sometimes it seems to put on though when she asks questions such as why does the other DTs wife call him..

Also if she is familiar with Mexico and the border and she's dealing with cases that span, she should be aware of the politics in Mexico, Aspergers or not.

I like the show and we'll keep watching

amaris74
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2013, 5:51 am

Are there really Aspies out there who are so sexually promiscuous (for want of a better term)? Sonya Cross doesn't like being hugged or shaking hands but can have sex with a total stranger. Seems weird and gross to me. Personally, I don't like physical contact with anyone who isn't family. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I watched the first two eps with my mum, but she's gone off it now. Too graphic for her, I think. I'll still watch it, though. (I have an obsessive-compulsive need to know what happens!)

ETA: I like how she questioned the need for unnecessary phone calls. I feel the same way. It's so awkward when someone calls me just to chat (not that it happens often, thankfully). Oh, and I eat instant noodles pretty much every day for lunch. :D

Oneiros

03 Aug 2013, 7:21 am

I'm really enjoying this show. Great work Alex.

WestBender84
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

I couldn't find a "glitches" thread but saw Alex reads this thread, so here goes:

When I search for all posts by my user handle, I get the error message, "Could not delete old search id sessions."
http://www.wrongplanet.net/forumssearch ... der84.html

Do you know why that error happens, Alex? I'm not knocking your skills as a coder but am flummoxed by all the errors which frequently occur ("could not get forum watcher data," "could not get smilie data", etc).

Edit: The glitch went away, but it may be helpful for your records to know it happened.

AspiePride12345
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm

Any chance this might be coming to UK TV anytime soon?

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Nov 2013, 6:22 am

AspiePride12345 wrote:
Any chance this might be coming to UK TV anytime soon?

no because there's a UK version of the show called The Tunnel. Info here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts244992-highlight.html