Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

yellowlab
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2013, 12:15 am

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can relate to this sometimes I have a hard time telling is someone is joking or being serious like for example when someone says something to me and they sound serious and then they say there joking afterwards I have a hard time with that. I hope I'm being clear and was wondering if anoye can relate?

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2013, 12:18 am

I have trouble with that embarrassingly. It always makes feel bad and shy when it happens.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 12:23 am

I sometimes have to ask people to diagram their humor, which is only fair because more often than not they have to ask me to diagram MY humor.

anyways, here is some humor that some aspies might be able to dig-

The Big Chess Tournament
The big chess tournament was taking place at the Plaza in New York. After the first day's competition, many of the winners were sitting around in the foyer of the hotel talking about their matches and bragging about their wonderful play. After a few drinks they started getting louder and louder until finally, the desk clerk couldn't take any more and kicked them out.
The next morning the Manager called the clerk into his office and told him there had been many complaints about his being so rude to the hotel guests....instead of kicking them out, he should have just asked them to be less noisy. The clerk responded, "I'm sorry, but if there's one thing I can't stand, it's chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 1:14 am

Got a grin out of me, and I'm hard sales.

EQ: 6.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 1:23 am

I often am never really sure when people are kidding with me. :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 1:32 am

I just do my business to eschew nasty people and hang around quality people instead, like in my square pegs aspie meetup group.

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2013, 1:40 am

quite often.
I hate it when people are ambiguous, or sarcastic out of context, it makes me feel like they are just making fun of me and making me feel stupid.
If this is the way someone treats me I feel like they are not worthy of my friendship.
I have few friends, but better a few quality friends than be one of those quantity people with 700 friends on facebook - none of whom would lend you money for bus fare so to speak.

lostinlove
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2013, 2:47 am

I have trouble with this, especially one person at work. It is stressful.
Auntblabby - that made me chuckle out loud on the bus :-)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 5:28 pm

lostinlove wrote:
I have trouble with this, especially one person at work. It is stressful.
Auntblabby - that made me chuckle out loud on the bus :-)

:) ok, here's another-

this mother gave birth to twin boys and gave them both up for adoption. one was sent to an Egyptian family who named him amahl. the other went to a family in spain who named him juan. one day the lady's husband went out to get the mail, and into the kitchen he brought a large envelope from juan's adoptive family- she opened it and saw juan's newest toddler picture, and bewailed to her husband about how the Egyptian family never mailed her any pictures- so her hubby says, "honey- they're twins- if you've seen juan, you've seen amahl." [you have to say it out loud to get it]