Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 7:51 am

Yesterday I had a tough day. I am a bit anxious over a health issue that I unfortunately can't give the details of here. Yesterday I was so overwhelmed that my sensory overload went a bit overboard even though there was not a huge amount of sensory input. Usually I love the sunlight coming into the windows but yesterday it was so bad that even the sun coming in through the closed shades was too much. But I was feeling so overloaded that I had a meltdown. The thing about it is, usually if I get this bad I have a meltdown that makes me scream and cry like a little child. Yesterday I was screaming and crying but since my husband was home it was only on the inside. I could not bring myself to let it out. I had tears down coming down and a massive headache but I could not scream or cry out loud. I have always had vocal meltdowns in absolute private. For some reason if someone else is around I will melt down internally but no one will see it. All I could do was lay on the bed for a few hours until it passed enough for me to be able to get up. I felt like Bella must have felt in Breaking Dawn when she changed in to a Vampire. Does anyone else have internal meltdowns?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 8:14 am

Yes, I do. I open my mouth like I'm screaming but no sound comes out. This usually happens when I'm at my MIL's house which reeks of cigarette smoke and she and my DH are both telling me to do things and my DS4 is making a lot of noise and I'm trying to keep up with him and listen to what the others are saying at the same time. Then DH gets mad because I can't get DS to settle down and I run away and lock myself into a spare bedroom and silently scream for a few minutes.