Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

I wonder if this is an aspie thing or not. One of the thing I like to do is eat raw food. For example. I would take a package of dehydrated chicken noodle soup mix and eat it straight out of the package w/o cooking/repairing it. When I was a kid. I would sneak a cake mix out of the kitchen and take it to my tree house and eat the raw powder like a big pixie stick. I also did the same thing with Jello and pudding mixes as well. Before the big e coli scare. I would eat raw eggs as well. What I would do is take an egg out of the fridge and poke a hole at both ends of the shell and suck out the contents. What I called a quick breakfast back then. I used to eat raw cookie dough as well. I never like the taste of liver so one if the ways I ate liver was to take it raw and cut it up into strips and then I would tilt my heat back like a sward swallower would do and drop the strips of raw liver down my throat like how a baby bird eats worms.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:19 pm

I love eating raw dough if that counts

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:26 pm

our swim team used to eat jello powder prior to meets. my husband and I both like condensed mushroom soup straight from the can.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 11:48 pm

I've eaten spaghetti sticks in the past.

I was recently introduced to kitfo. That's Ethiopian raw beef with seasonings. The beef can either be ground or in cubes. Some restaurants sell it that way. That's a common dish in Ethiopia. Didn't do much for me, though.

I eat spaghetti and meatballs or ravioli right out of the can without heating it up. I've also eaten cans of soup and stew that way, especially when I was homeless.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:00 am

How the hell would that be anything to do with AS? I don't eat raw meat because of the fear it might not agree with me, even though people say some meat you can have rare.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2013, 5:18 am

Nothing to do with asd, my wife is NT and she used to eat raw sausages as a kid. Thankfully she has stoped doing that (yuk, imagine kissing someone who just ate raw sausage)

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 5:45 am

I like the raw cookie dough/cake mix but I don't eat it that way because I'm worried about what could happen if I eat something in a way it is not supposed to. Raw meat could be dangerous. I have heard a story of someone having a parasite stuck in the brain because of that. There are many other possible scary consequences.

I think eating a raw egg is quite common. I eat raw garlic.

It is an aspie thing.

Astera
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2013, 8:55 am

Personally, I find raw meat or fish disgusting... It needs to be really well-cooked, no blood or anything, otherwise I just can't eat it. Have never eaten raw eggs either.

Annaliina

12 Aug 2013, 9:28 am

Joe90 wrote:
How the hell would that be anything to do with AS? I don't eat raw meat because of the fear it might not agree with me, even though people say some meat you can have rare.

Autism is pervasive and you'd be suprised at the things that could be affected?

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 10:11 am

I do that. Among other things I'd eat those cups of noodles, cup a soup, and bouillon cubes without water. I also liked to eat plain meat tenderizer and salt.

I'd love to eat raw meat but I'm scared I'd get food poisoning.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

In the past, I used to buy pieces of fish (whiting, tilapia, cod) from supermarkets and, walking down the street, just eat them like they were candy bars.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2013, 4:05 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
In the past, I used to buy pieces of fish (whiting, tilapia, cod) from supermarkets and, walking down the street, just eat them like they were candy bars.

I'd do that if I thought the fish was 100% fresh i.e. only just killed, after all that is what sushi is :). But no way would I trust supermarket fish - by the time they get hold of it the chances are that it is probably a week old 8O

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 4:23 pm

^That's true. One of the nice advantages to living in a coastal city like Seattle is the abundance of fresh fish markets that be. Fisherman's Terminal in Ballard and Pike Place Fish Market are just two places to get to get fresh fish. The Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese markets like Uwajimaya and Hop Tranh Supermarket also have fresh fish, shrimp and snails. How do I know they're fresh? They're still alive.