Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

BaneBear
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2015, 9:40 pm

If anyone has advice for these I would appreciate it dearly. Frankly my whole life has been a negative depressive lonely hole. I was recently diagnosed with aspergers, now rather than my usual wallow of self pity I wish to make something of my failure of a life so far.
1. Become confident and positive
2. Motivation to do stuff I wanted to do: exercise, martial arts, learning to cook, etc.
3. Dating
Theres more, but I cannot think of them now

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 9:42 pm

You should try to emulate John Adams. You come from his hometown.

BaneBear
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2015, 9:51 pm

What?

Jozie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2015, 9:58 pm

I commend your determination I'm at a similar point myself. I think these things are achievable but the process is hard and my best method is stoic bloody-minded persistence. That is not always possible, however, so I think my best advice is not to identify steps toward your goals and not be too critical of yourself if you don't always operate according to an ideal. what kind of martial arts are you into? I'm thinking of going to krav maga classes but I'm worried it will be full of macho types.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm

John Adams and his son, John Quincy, are from Braintree/Quincy, Massachusetts.

They were both people of great gifts. John Quincy, though fat, used to walk about eight miles a day, and swim in rivers when he was in his 70s.

Why not emulate them?

BaneBear
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm

Jozie wrote:
I commend your determination I'm at a similar point myself. I think these things are achievable but the process is hard and my best method is stoic bloody-minded persistence. That is not always possible, however, so I think my best advice is not to identify steps toward your goals and not be too critical of yourself if you don't always operate according to an ideal. what kind of martial arts are you into? I'm thinking of going to krav maga classes but I'm worried it will be full of macho types.

Funny thing is I am thinking of the same exact martial art. Mostly because it is entirely for self defense.

BaneBear
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
John Adams and his son, John Quincy, are from Braintree/Quincy, Massachusetts.

They were both people of great gifts. John Quincy, though fat, used to walk about eight miles a day, and swim in rivers when he was in his 70s.

Why not emulate them?

How could I do that in this scenario, I agree with your statement but I'm having trouble putting it into play on this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2015, 10:17 pm

Maybe not swimming in the polluted Charles River.

But walking 8 miles a day is definitely do-able. It would take the average person about 2 1/2-3 hours.

But, really, I didn't mean it literally.

I meant. You should study like John Adams and his son did. Get into your studies. Exercise, too. Maybe self-defense might not be bad.

It's easy to cook pasta. Just let the water boil, put in the pasta, and let it boil for about ten minutes. Make sure you put about a tablespoon of salt in the pot.

Jozie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2015, 10:23 pm

maybe we could both go to krav maga class and compare notes although it usually takes me a long time to get around to doing something so I'm somewhat unreliable. Then again an extra incentive might be helpful.