Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shabba
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 12:27 am

i find myself often thinking of myself as superior to NT's and not in a condecending look down upon them way but more as a i find them amusing... i dont mean to sound sadistic or anything but i just find people funny in kind of a condecending way but i would never act such way towards a person of any nature because i have a big thing about never making anyone feel bad... prolly doesnt seem like it by my comment but voiceing opinion is something i enjoy and hurting ones feelings is something i would not, (intentionally) and if i do "hey i have aspergers, im sorry" LBS

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:34 am

We are not superior to NT's just different. While there maybe areas we are superior such as hyperfocusing, resistance to change, executive function disorders are not good traits.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 2:01 am

I don't wanna be superior to anybody, I just want to function!

RandyM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2013, 2:15 am

Sometimes, I tend to think like Benadict Cumbatch's version of Sherlock.. Though it doesn't happen all the time.. A good 90% of the time I just want to achieve the things I tend to set out for myself.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2013, 8:24 am

I find some people amusing, others confusing. But I don't feel superior to NTs. In any way.

Oneiros

27 Oct 2013, 8:35 am

I'm sure they find you funny in a condescending way too. I know I do.

Daydreamer86
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Oct 2013, 8:39 am

I have never felt superior to NTs and personally I really struggle with the fact that some Aspies think that they are inherently superior to NTs. I have had arguments with a guy with Aspergers I met at university who started ranting on about how NTs owed people with Aspergers as we invented everything. My argument was that not only is this untrue but, even if they did, it was their individual achievement rather than the achievement of everybody with Aspergers.

My blog on life with Aspergers.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:58 am

be careful. in fact I would say stop using this website if you start treating neurotypicals like inferior or looking down upon them because you're being influenced by Wrong Planet.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 9:04 am

^ agreed. Top post.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 9:58 am

I think it's easy, on WP, to develop an "us against them" type of mentality. I don't think I'm superior to NTs, but we each have gifts that we bring to the table.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:30 pm

I sometimes act intellectually superior so people don't realize I'm a social turkey

Some people act socially superior so people don't realize they're dumb as bricks.

The Human Condition: Using your strengths to hide your weaknesses

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 2:05 pm

Asperger96 wrote:
I sometimes act intellectually superior so people don't realize I'm a social turkey

Some people act socially superior so people don't realize they're dumb as bricks.

The Human Condition: Using your strengths to hide your weaknesses

Yeah I've done that, because deep down I felt so alone.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:12 pm

I just dislike the people who knocked me around and gave me a hard time. I have no idea if they were NT or otherwise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 5:25 pm

bumble wrote:
I just dislike the people who knocked me around and gave me a hard time. I have no idea if they were NT or otherwise.

QFT. :star:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:05 pm

RandyM wrote:
Sometimes, I tend to think like Benadict Cumbatch's version of Sherlock.. Though it doesn't happen all the time.. A good 90% of the time I just want to achieve the things I tend to set out for myself.

*Benedict Cumberbatch :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

DimiLouise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2013, 1:37 am

a lot of people disagree but i can relate. im sorry to be controversial (Im an aspie so not really sorry) but I feel like we are a different species of humans with much more logical and observant minds. I've felt this way for a while and have been proven right a lot of times. not to say we should run the world or become a superior race. I honestly believe we came here as souls from a different planet/species to help humans get over their old ways of thinking and move forward. The reason we get classified as disabled is because we are still learning how to function in a very foreign environment in these very dense bodies. we don't really quite have a feel for our physical bodies and we don't understand a lot of the social constructs (or we just don't feel the need to give into them) but our mental capacity is our strong suit and its whats gonna keep us from being completely marginalized.

sorry if ive offended anyone who wants to believe we are as human as neurotypicals. I just like to be honest and share what I believe to be likely.