Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

thelongroad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm

I wanted to share the gifts I have gotten in the last six months with you to help encourage and maybe even give you a new way to look at life, and aspergers. I know for me these truths have proven invaluable. First I am a human no more or less. I am not a label or a problem that needs to be solved. I been blessed with life and I have the gift of my short comings do I can learn and grow. I know their are things I need to help with but so does everyone we where not created to do life alone. My labels don't define who I am nor do they make me less responsible for my actions. I have goals and dreams we all do yet what I need to do is look at what is standing in the way of those and hills I must climb and climb I will. My life is changeable and ever moving forward what is will not always be and if I want the world around me to change it starts with me. I have within me limitless potential to be or do what ever I want. The only limits I have are those I tell myself are their. I am only defined by one option of my life and that is mine. My greatest hope is that others may find their wings and fly. Learning that the only difference is that there is none. That we where all given hills to climb and strengths to give us direction. That the road ahead can be beautiful and your gift is the power of the human spirit which allows to overcome and change and accept life as it is and not worry about the stuff you cannot do anything about. My aspies is a so what because some of my weakness and the areas I need to grow in are social why does that make me different. So what I have strengths where others r weak this is the fact of life. My story is not yet written and the road ahead does not lie in the boundaries of a label. Come soar with me and find your wings and enjoy the gift you been given. Life is yours enjoy it and live as though nothing is wrong and nothing will be and nothing ever was wrong. Your perfectly imperfect. Take joy in flaws and used them as opptunity to learn and grow. Let them never be cause for feeling different or the reasons your separate or different. Your right where you need to be.

My hope is to start a place where we are look at as human first and never told we can't but only supported and helped along the road toward where we want to be. That we look at our shortcomings as they might be getting to the goals we set. That we move from the problem based world filled with limits and labels to world where r humanity comes first and only guided toward our goals without ever hearing the words you can't. I remember a woman met once told me her whole life she was told that college was not for her because she just was not smart enough. Well guess what she had her BA. Proof that life can be life without limits and that you can be anything you want. The human existence is limitless and life is always changeable. I want us not to be view as our lacks but as our strengths. I want you to know I believe in you and know that you can have do or be anything you want. I hope you find how limitless life truly is and write your story as you and only you. I hope I have encouraged some and help others see beyond this label of autism or whatever your diagnoses are.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm

:D tl:dr
Welcome aboard, and thank you for sharing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Musicgirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

Beautiful welcome

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm

Welcome! Thank you for this.

thelongroad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm

I was given this message to bring to you and of hopes of changing the way we are view. I refuse to sit and watch people treated as a label. The only thing you are is you and what my dream is, is to get psychology to look at is we are people just as much as those without labels. What we need to be focusing is the person not the label. I remember this saying from Albert Enstine "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." I love this because I think we given a false view of what normal is and because we cannot live there we must be defective. Which is not true normal is who you r right this second. It may not be my normal or his but it is yours and for you that is the only normal that should matter. We all are here doing the best we can and I can promise you no one has it figured out just yet. So congrats your normal so now go enjoy it.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 11:58 am

thelongroad wrote:
I was given this message to bring to you and of hopes of changing the way we are view. I refuse to sit and watch people treated as a label. The only thing you are is you and what my dream is, is to get psychology to look at is we are people just as much as those without labels.

I will probably not have time to write here, but interesting thread; however, the way you use "psychology," you are making a personification .Psychology is not a person but a whole system composed of many different people with many different kinds of views, imo some of them right and some of them wrong, who are making a living doing this..

What we need to be focusing is the person not the label. I remember this sayin from Albert Enstine "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." I love this because I think we given a false view of what normal is and because we cannot live there we must be defective. Which is not true normal is who you r right this second. It may not be my normal or his but it is yours and for you that is the only normal that should matter.

If a person has distorted thinking and lots of negative emotions and grudge holding, is cut off from feeling, self centered, quick to anger or whatever, that should matter....

We all are here doing the best we can and I can promise you no one has it figured out just yet.

My guess, if someone did, he wouldn't tell (two many) others, asif he did speak about it, most people would not be able to understand.him...but language can be amazing.... ...

So congrats your normal so now go enjoy it.

yeah ha ha...:-)

thelongroad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2013, 1:36 pm

First I never refer to psycology as a person I refer to the field as whole. It is almost like once you receive a dignoses of any kind in psycology you are stopped being looked at as a person and now looked at as the label. I experenice this in day programs I attended threw regional centers which come off sounding like glorified babby sitting services and they treat you like a kid who does not know up from down. Even the videos and articles I have read regarding aspergers and adhd all focus on the problem or problems and never really seem to offer much in away of a solutoions or the book may be all about the problems and only have a little short section at the end they think the solutions might be.
Instead if psycology aproached us as people first instead of labels or dignose and only look at where issues we might be having are standing in the way of a good quility of life I think we would not have to feel so sub human and we are treated as though the isssues we had where just short commings in our make up and not told that we are a different class of humanity I would think most of the problems on wrong planet would not be an issues because most of them seem to be about fitting in to the "normal world" but if can understand there is no normal we are all have are short commings and mountains that need to be climbed. If we where taught that instead of the fact that your some problem that needs to be solved or label that needs a cure than they are trying to rob you of your humanity. Your a human who is not perfect oh well.

As far as a rather a person with emotional issues should get help that is really none of my business. As long as they want to live with that then they will.

Also do yo know it perfectly normal not to feel normal. Everyone has those feelings and lives in that as long as you want to believe your not normal do it but your being perfectly normal by doing so.
Also I have brought you a soution for dealing with aspies but you have wanted to argue with me on why I am wrong. See I don't have s way of fixing you I only have away of embracing it and by rembracing it your embracing you. I will tell you a secret there is no aspergers there is only you. Because I bet if I ask you right now to point to the parts of yourself that is aspie you couldn't but even if you could they still be you.