Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2013, 3:46 am

An interesting and succinct graphic: How to interact with the introverted.

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Nov 2013, 3:52 am

Cool graphic, thanks! I find that I am usually extroverted but sometimes get overloaded and go the opposite way if I've had too much social interaction. And there are some days where I am more introverted than extroverted. I also go through phases.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2013, 4:02 am

I love that graphic.

I find that I tend to be more extroverted around people I feel comfortable with in familiar situations and don't need to put on a social "mask." I have my limits even then where I get a little overwhelmed and overstimulated by social interaction and have to hide, but generally, it's a little easier for me to interact with others in those sort of situations. On the other hand, attempts at more typical socializing tends to wear me out more quickly (and tend to go less than smoothly).

(Pardon any typos or missing words; it's after 1am as I type this.)

IntellectualCat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

That is an informative graphic.

I'm an introvert, and it seems like the very presence of people can drain my energy. I also prefer that people don't intrude my personal space (and I don't like them messing with my sensory surroundings either). However, I don't get lonely.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 2:34 pm

Wow - what a great graphic. The conservation of energy thing makes soooo much sense.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2013, 2:42 pm

I love, love, LOVE the graphic!! Thank you, PseudoIntellectualHorse! :) I wish I could print out a bunch of copies of it and just pass it out to people....nothing I could do to make them read it or pay it any attention, but it'd be worth a try. :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes