Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2015, 8:26 am

johnsmith543535 wrote:
Most aspergers are white Europeans

I've thought this before as well. Sounds like I might be onto something. :?

johnsmith543535
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2015, 2:59 pm

There's a whole book dedicated to diet and facial structure that was written in the 1930s (weston a price)

A lot of the information still applies

And it may certainly apply to aspergers,

johnsmith543535
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

NowhereWoman wrote:
I can't see those pictures...?

I didn't post them.

just google them yourself

flibbit
Raven
Raven

10 Oct 2015, 4:10 pm

I covered this topic in a recent blog post: http://scienceoveracuppa.com/2015/09/06/autism-reading-the-brain-in-the-face/

In one of the studies I reviewed, there was a subset of individuals typically with Asperger's that had particular and consistent subtle craniofacial dysmorphisms. There was another subset of autistics in the lower-functioning ranges that shared another pattern of facial dysmorphism.

Some of my current work is dealing with craniofacial dysmorphisms in genetic syndromes associated with autism. What I've found is that the higher a gene mutation's penetrance for the autism phenotype, the higher the likelihood of multiple craniofacial dysmorphisms (either minor or major) compared to genetic syndromes with just intellectual disability (ID)/epilepsy or ID alone. This work, however, only summarizes trends in a minority of the spectrum.

As a summary for the entirety of the spectrum, craniofacial dysmorphisms are more common, however the rates should vary by severity and occur much more frequently with highly deleterious (rare) gene mutations. Higher functioning ranges will likely show fewer of these secondary signs, with the exception of at least one subgroup of males. Females have really not been studied unfortunately.

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2015, 12:51 am

johnsmith543535 wrote:
Most aspergers are white Europeans

It's undeniable

It's also fact that facial structure (and nasal breathing) is determined by vitamin D and vitamin k2,
and Weston A price dedicated an entire book towards it

Is this (the white Europeans comment) necessarily true, or are white Europen-descent people more likely to have the resources and/or motivation to seek a DX in the first place, particularly a DX for a less "limited/severe" (overall...not always) form of ASD such as (the former) Asperger Syndrome?

The question increases in significance if you're not talking about white people in Europe, but rather, white European descent people in the U.S. Are you speaking of people across Europe, or people in the U.S.?

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 2:09 pm

johnsmith543535 wrote:
There's a whole book dedicated to diet and facial structure that was written in the 1930s (weston a price)

A lot of the information still applies

And it may certainly apply to aspergers,

Yes, this book is fascinating. Here's a link to it.

http://www.naturalhealingtools.com/arti ... _price.pdf

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 2:24 pm

We are meant to take seriously a book from 1939 that includes the phrase"

Quote:
, our American human stock has declined rapidly within a few centuries

?????

And
Quote:
Long surgical experience has proved to me conclusively that there is something radically and fundamentally wrong with the civilized mode of life, and I believe that unless the present dietetic and health customs of the White Nations are reorganized, social decay and race deterioration are inevitable.

"we're marching to a faster pace! Look out, here comes the master race!"

I think this belongs with Phrenology in the historical curiosities and cautionary tales file. No one should push this racist, ignorant garbage as a source of information.

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

Taut the forehead back just a bit and you'll see the difference, yes Aspies have too much forehead skin which makes them look like down syndrome in some cases.

I don't know what's the result of this sh*t whether we have smaller heads or like Dr. Sulzer said we just have too many connections..

Some theorize it's all worms inside the brain, go figure..

InquisitiveCat01
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2015, 11:40 pm

This is an interesting topic. Both me and my sisters had very large eyes as children (almost round in shape). We all have large foreheads and those annoying tufts of hair that often make us look like frill neck lizards. What I tend to notice though is that we have extreme expressions. If we're happy we look REALLY happy (I look like an anime character when I smile). If we look sad we look REALLY sad. But then again when we feel either of these emotions they tend to be more intense than many other people's emotions. This is probably an observation with no actual factual or scientific basis but it's a pattern I've noticed. Also we tend to pull silly faces at times in pictures without realising (I mean it happens when we're happy but it's more of a stim thing than a "let's act super silly"). Probably a really stupid observation that has no basis - again.

NoahYates
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 12:05 pm

I am a new member here... and I actually decided to make an account after reading this specific post! Anyone want to hear a wild story?! I actually diagnosed myself with Asperger's last Wednesday, after researching it for the first time. I was attempting to take selfies for facebook, and was having a difficult time taking a "good picture." I always have always hated pictures of myself. I find that I have a certain "weird look...." and the only pictures I like are rare angles where its not as apparent. Well I have known I am different forever, and have researched all of the psychological disorders in depth and I had diagnosed myself with an extreme case of social anxiety disorder. However, I had never researched the autism spectrum disorders or Asperger's at all... but I had meant to. So on this particular Wed afternoon I decide to search google for "ways to tell from a persons face whether they have autism." Immediately I came to forums (probably this one) where people we discussing the "aspie stare"... and I was off to the races researching Asperger's and basically being blown away by the fact that without fail people were articulating my own life experiences and thought processes better than I ever had. Here 1 week later I am 99.9% confident in my self diagnosis... but it started because of me noticing my own strange facial expressions! :P Also... I think there is something to be said for the possibility that many undiagnosed cases fly under the radar because we can be "unique and exotic looking--- which can be attractive)... and if you are fairly intelligent and attractive, but also aloof and quiet, you come off as a self-absorbed as*hole... and nothing is perceived as being "wrong" with you other than your "intense" personality.

I do happen to be very "Nordic" in my ancestral heritage (Irish and German), but I tend to agree that socio-economic factors could lead to other groups not being "recognized" as much in western culture.

Anyway... the whole realization that I have Asperger's has been such a mind manifesting experience... the whole subject is endlessly fascinating and i cannot wait to learn more and more and theorize with you all. This is the age of information, and I feel the time is ripe for us to start connecting the dots. :D

“In the same way that you see a flower in a field, it’s really the whole field that is flowering, because the flower couldn’t exist in that particular place without the special surroundings of the field; you only find flowers in surroundings that will support them. So in the same way, you only find human beings on a planet of this kind, with an atmosphere of this kind, with a temperature of this kind- supplied by a convenient neighboring star. And so, as the flower is a flowering of the field, I feel myself as a personing- a manning- a peopling of the whole universe. –In other words, I, like everything else in the universe, seem to be a center… a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself- comes alive… an aperture through which the whole universe is conscious of itself. In other words, I go with it as a center to a circumference.”~ Alan Watts