Is anyone else here extremely clumsy?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2013, 10:54 pm

I've been really clumsy for as long as I could remember. I always seem to do the most embarrassing things like drop my fork on the floor at a restaurant or run headfirst into my boss. And don't ever take me to a buffet because I may end up spilling applesauce in the gravy or maybe on someone elses shirt. The thing is While I know this pisses people off I can't help it. Now I just get pissed off at other people's lack of understanding. It's gotten to the point where I don't even say "sorry" anymore because that seems to piss others off more! It also makes me look weak. Sure people may think I'm a jerk but my intuition says that this is better. Sometimes I'll even scowl at the person as if I did it on purpose. This surprisingly makes me feel better about myself. I guess I wondered if other people on this board have been affected with this horrible curse. This curse that makes it impossible to work even the most mindless job and which keeps me on disability checks. Jeez, the older I get the more I just hate other people and their graceful coordinated movements!

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:01 pm

Yes, and I hate it...

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:09 pm

I'm not clumsy but being around someone like you must be fun.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:44 pm

Ive been clumsy enough to put myself in hospital in nee of surgery. Otherwise I have an occasional habit of spilling things, losing momentum and misstep while walking, falling up the stairs, minor trips and dropping things at random like dropping a pen while wrighting with it.

I can't work any manual labour jobs and I can only consider jobs that do not put me into high risk situations, health insurances on the employer side means I'm not insurable, that means it'll be computer and office based only, jobs that use the brain more than the body.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:48 pm

I used to be & I have the scars to prove it. :lol:

I'd get so frustrated trying to do sports that I love and know the physics of doing but just couldn't coordinate my body movements to get it right.

But now I am MUCH more coordinated and look forward to getting back to those sports again when the season comes around next spring. 8)

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 11:58 pm

I wouldn't call myself particularly clumsy, though every now and then I will stumble when I shouldn't. Sometimes in front of people who don't need to see me fall.

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Nov 2013, 12:35 am

I'm incredibly clumsy. I step on people's feet on accident, and bump into people, and all that fun stuff.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 1:03 am

I don't know how clumsy I am compared to others; all I know is I slam into walls and doorframes more than I should. 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 1:18 am

I f****d myself but good last year, ended up in the hospital for better part of week, rued the day to this day, I wish to hell i'd never gotten out of bed. it was so embarrassing when it got out all over the hospital that there was this patient [me] who got knocked off his bike by a goddamned deer. anybody else would've been able to steer around or avoid said critter.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2013, 1:22 am

Ooooooh yeah. Door frames, walls, doorknobs, furniture: every time I shower I find a new bruise (I don't always feel it at the time, depending on how distracted I am.)

My favorite is that if someone walks to close to me (especially on the right), I fall into them if I try to walk with them. I have no idea why.

I played a lot of sports, and I can do it, but I bang myself up often during exercise or anything that requires me to move quickly.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 2:08 am

Yes, and I've learned to just laugh at it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 3:12 am

I was at job interview couple of months ago, tripped on the chair on the way in to office, tried to laugh it off then chair got caught on my pants and I just about fell on my face while trying to casually laugh of initial trip, chair hit table knocked over coffee. just another day for me

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 3:16 am

No just kind of clumsy sometimes. Sometimes it seems like I will randomly drop something I'm eating like a peanut. Maybe it's not random, not sure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 3:36 am

a few decades back I was in an old office building built around in the early 1900s, with old-fashioned short-step stairs of multiple landings, and I was descending one of them when my heel missed the top step and I fell upon my tuckas and my forward momentum bounced me and my bruised buns down each step one at a time like BUP BUP BUP BUP etc. and me going OUCH OUCH OUCH loudly until I went splat at the landing at the bottom, and an office door opened up and several heads stared at me like I had 3 heads, then turned around the closed the door like nothing happened. nobody asked me if I was ok, it was just another day in the life of a big city I guess. :oops:

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 3:41 am

yes. im constantly knocking over glasses and tripping, falling down the stairs, dropping and stepping on things, running into objects.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2013, 3:58 am

yup, very clumsy. too many stories to count. How about, holding a drink, looking down to the floor and the drink tips as your head tips.