What's the longest you've gone without leaving the house?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2013, 5:34 am

I think mine is like 4 days straight or something like that. Maybe a full week. It's gets more extensive the older I get. What's the longest you've gone without leaving the house? What did you do during that time?

Dynania
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2013, 5:41 am

A week. I have gone a lot longer than that without talking to another person though.

404nf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2013, 6:13 am

1 1/2 month.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 6:24 am

months
lately I have only left my house to go to a thanksgiving gathering with my family and to see my psych every 2 weeks

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 6:44 am

Several months, though not voluntarily.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 8:20 am

I'm not sure but I'd say probably at least a month.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 8:51 am

I think it was about a month. I'd love to do that again or even longer but I have to go to work and also get food etc.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2013, 11:08 am

ritualdrama wrote:
What's the longest you've gone without leaving the house? What did you do during that time?

I think a month or a month and a half, I'm not sure...
All I did while at home was complain to my mother about how no guy was ever going to fall in love with me, play video games, read books, and get bored. Then I had to go to the hospital for a check-up.
When I'll be older and won't have to go to school anymore I'll stay at home for longer periods of time if I succeed to find a job as a translator; y'know, I heard that translators can work at home and their job just requires them to go out to handle their work to the person they translate for (but I was also told they can also send it with an e-mail, so it's not necessary to go out) and get their money. Also you seem to get a lot of money if you work as a translator. It shouldn't be a challenge for one that knows perfectly fine two other languages besides her own, and is specializing in two other languages, one of which is Japanese. I also know two ancient languages fairly well.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2013, 11:22 am

As a small child I once spent three days inside before my parents forced me to go outside.

Since then, I've had to leave the house for school, work and university. During the holidays, I might have spent longer inside due to illness, but generally I have something I want to do, or I am the only one who can walk the dog, or some such.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:20 pm

A month or so, probably.

If you count the backyard, I was at home for months at a time as a child.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

I think about a week. It was a few years ago and I wasn't working at the time, and only left the house to shop for food, not yet having realized you can get grocery store deliveries these days.

At that time, I wished it could last forever. But eventually I had to make a living again, so now I have to leave the house for that.

It used to be that I wished I could find the perfect work-from-home job so that I really could never have to leave the house again. But I fell in love with a colony of waterbirds in some local parkland, and now I go out to visit with them come hell or high water, literally, lol. So that love/interest/passion has kind of put an end to my dreams of never leaving the house again.

But it was nice, in the time before my bird friendships.

I remember way back, though, when I was a teen, and a cousin of mine was visiting. It was the weekend -- I mean, no school, I had no errands to run, there was no particular reason to have to go out that day. Yet my cousin was horrified. He said "You mean you haven't been out at all today, all day?"

:? Why would I? Just for the sake of saying "I went out. Outside my house. Today. Even though I didn't have to." ? :lol:

I find my cousin's comment really weird. Nothing wrong with staying in the house.

Last edited by BirdInFlight on 04 Dec 2013, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

I can't remember any period of more than a few hours (mainly while asleep only), without at least going outside for one reason or another. And I go stir crazy if I don't go out someplace elsewhere at least for a few hours a day… Even if I'm really sick or have reasons that I should not leave the house.

Charles

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

Usually the longest I haven't been out the front door is over Christmas. Not so much lately, but when I was a child aged around 11-16 (not every year running). I had got new films and other things for Christmas what I spent pursuing over the Christmas period, that I felt I didn't need to go out. Otherwise, I try to force myself to get out of the house if I haven't been out for a day and haven't got work.

My brother spends his whole annual leave holiday from work in the house and doesn't go out once, and I'm talking about from Saturday to the next Sunday.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

I have to go out to the front of the building to check the mail every day. I also go to the nearby convenience store every two days to buy beer. Other than that, I'm basically a home body.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 4:44 pm

i am often quite content in just pottering about at home. i do work a lot but i keep my days off to myself, unless my husband has the day off, then we either go out together or just lounge about at home cuddling all day.

i havent actually stayed indoors for a few days straight for ages actually. a few years ago, before i met my husband, i did get agoraphobia and didnt go out for a few months, only just a few feet away from the door to hang the washing out and get some fresh air. but i think that was because i just came out of a bad relationship and had trouble picking myself up again and just affected me in that way. i did get help and came out of it. i couldnt have my old job back as a coach-driver but i got a job as a bus-driver in a smaller company what is the job i am in now i am happy again.

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2013, 5:06 pm

Hm. About a month, I suppose. When my daughter was born, she had colic for the first six months of her life, so she screamed for a solid 10-12 hours per day (broken up into intervals, of course), which was most of her waking hours. My husband deployed when she was 2 1/2 weeks old and we had just moved to the location about a month earlier, so we didn't know anyone yet. Anyways, taking her out was a nightmare because she'd scream the whole drive there, the entire trip (grocery shopping, errands, etc.), then the whole trip home. And there was no one to watch her so that I could run out, so yeah. I lived off of delivery food and ate through everything, all cereal, canned food, etc. in the house. Eventually, I got to the point where I could make a quick 15 min grocery trip and just muscle through the screaming. I always felt terrible for the people around me, though, so I still didn't go out every week.