What causes you to feel stressed out the most?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Abcrone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2014, 7:02 pm

Strangely sometimes I feel stressed when I have had a very good day, Even if nothing went wrong and I don't understand why.

But usually it is caused by external forces People, Unpredictable situations, Crowded places, etc.

But what do you find causes you to feel stressed out the most or on a regular basis?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:07 pm

I go out of my way to appear intelligent enough that people won't put me down or have anything negative to say against me. It doesn't always work as some people are inherently negative by nature; still, I avoid those types as best as I could. Every so often they drag the devil out of me, though.

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm

I don't know why, but I tend to ignore the things that stress me out, and I let them stress me out worse.
Right now I'm sitting in an uncomfortable way in my chair because it is old and the cushions are deflated, which causes me to arch my back in odd snake-like ways from time to time.

I can't seem to figure out when I am going to get too full, or when I am going to get dehydrated, and it seems to happen suddenly, an my skin starts to crack and peel, and I get headaches and my feet hurt, and my whole body gets fatigued because I decided to exercise too hard, and the arthritis in my joints gets really bad because I forgot to take my vitamins the day before, or I stayed up too late playing a computer game and can't get out of bed on time. The air gets really moist and then really dry, and it gets too hot or too cold, and hear my family discussing some revolting subject or other, and their laughs echo through the walls. I have trouble getting water warm or cool enough when I use the sink or the shower, so I just let it burn me or freeze me, and then I develop sensitivity to heat and cold on my hands, and the prolonged stress causes me to skip bathing and other self care tasks in order to try to relax while I'm still being subjected to stress, then my sleep cycle gets out of whack and I end up almost sleeping during the day and hyperactive at night, but eventually I have to go to an appointment early in the morning, and I feel miserable for several days after that. And that's just in a few days, and that's not even half of what stresses me out.

Oh why did you have to ask this question...........

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm

Maintenance coming into my apartment, especially if it is in a long window of time ("in the next 2 weeks, maintenance will enter your apartment" to change furnace filter, etc.)

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:22 pm

The most? My mum.

On a regular basis? People I know in shops.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

Passive-aggressiveness. It tries to evade weakness with evasiveness. :x

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I go out of my way to appear intelligent enough that people won't put me down or have anything negative to say against me. It doesn't always work as some people are inherently negative by nature; still, I avoid those types as best as I could. Every so often they drag the devil out of me, though.

I regularly try to "dumb down" so others do not feel threatened by my intelligence :)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm

Time pressure. Having to go somewhere unfamiliar: Mostly how to get there in time. Sometimes just having to go.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

doofy wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

I regularly try to "dumb down" so others do not feel threatened by my intelligence :)

That's better than not trying. People seem shocked if I exhibit intelligence beyond eggplant level sometimes.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

Abcrone wrote:
Strangely sometimes I feel stressed when I have had a very good day, Even if nothing went wrong and I don't understand why.

I live in a constant state of low grade anxiety.

It gets worse when I have nothing to keep me occupied and distract me, then I tend to fixate on worst case scenarios and worry about everything until it becomes an outright anxiety attack.

justkillingtime wrote:
Maintenance coming into my apartment, especially if it is in a long window of time ("in the next 2 weeks, maintenance will enter your apartment" to change furnace filter, etc.)

I hate that, too. This place sends maintenance around every month to change air conditioner filters and check smoke alarms; usually they're pretty good about giving you prior warning by sticking a note on your door a day or two ahead of time, with a specific date, but sometimes I don't leave my apartment for days on end, so I may not find the note in time. But I have to get up early on the days they're coming, because if I don't answer the door after a few seconds they just let themselves in (IMO that ought to be illegal). It really drives me crazy when they leave the note, I get up and wait and they never show up all day. :evil:

Last edited by Willard on 06 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

Physically being with anyone without having anything to do or to say, and without the possibility of leaving (because of either social norms or a good reason).

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

I am a rigid thinker. I do things the way I was taught to do them the first time. Anybody do something different than what I was taught, or telling me that I need to do something different will almost always trigger me into a rage. Even if it turns out my way is wrong, or less efficient.

That and people not doing what they said they were going to do.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

FallingDownMan wrote:
people not doing what they said they were going to do.

:evil: There it is. GrRrRRrRrr... :evil:

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm

when I feel like I'm being watched and judged. That's when I start falling apart

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 8:49 pm

i get stressed if im around people for too long, if people tell me to wait or do something differently than how i usually do it, if people invade my personal space and if (like everyone) school work piles up. Also if my Schedule is interrupted

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:58 am

My parents stress me out the most. I'm glad I'm living on my own.