Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:07 pm

Do you think Aspies are more at risk for contracting HIV due to careless sex than NTs?

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:23 pm

Aspies are much less likely to have sex to begin with.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:30 pm

ARE YOU NUTS!?!?!?!? Frankly, if I had AIDS, the human race would be better just forgetting everything, and closing up shop! My risk of AIDS is just about ZERO, unless you want to count me among the supposed nine(last I heard) people on the PLANET that somehow mysteriously contracted it. So my odds are like 1 in 666 million of catching aids.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:35 pm

I'd think less. Personally, I'm paranoid and super-careful even when I'm drunk.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 10:43 pm

NeantHumain wrote:

That's probably the kicker right there... aspies have less sex and the sex they do have is in a safer environment...

xyzyxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 11:33 pm

most aspies are anything but careless.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 12:19 am

NeantHumain wrote:

You know its weird, im actually obsessed with sex, and due to me not knowing how to handle situations that involve sex, i was raped a lot, and sexually abused/assaulted as well. Now i learned what to look for, what is wrong and what is right. I was very vulnerble in those types of situations, i thought rape was sex, thought it was normal, so went along with it. Had horrrrible things done to me! I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't catch HIV or any kind of STD or got pregnant due to all of that. I still to this day have problems with being too obsessed with guys, and don't know why to tell u the truth! Thankfully, i have a bf that keeps me grounded and under control heh.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 12:46 am

(ok this is a serious generalization)

Much less likely as aspies don't have a lot of relationships and even when they do, they're often fussy about what they do, protection, etc... or they stay with the same partner forever (will contract it if the other partner is a bit adventurous).

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 2:42 am

xyzyxx wrote:
most aspies are anything but careless.

It might be the case. but I really don't care about getting Aids as much as I did when I was younger.

It makes me bad that there is a possibility that someone who I still keep in contact with might have cought something because I had unprotected sex with previous relationship.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 4:55 am

I would say theres more of a risk for an STD because we are naive and our judgement isnt very good.
We don't judge people.
I know when I was younger the naive young man bit was very attractive to older more aggressive women.
I was very trusting for a long time and often felt pressured into sex when I did not want to. Also I thought I was trying to follow what society says to man ( And what my older brother said) about getting as much as you want.
I think AS are more vulernable. We can be lied to easier.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 5:49 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
My risk of AIDS is just about ZERO, unless you want to count me among the supposed nine(last I heard) people on the PLANET that somehow mysteriously contracted it. So my odds are like 1 in 666 million of catching aids.

I have never had: blood transfusion, a chirurgical surgery, a tatoo made, sex, a crazy idea to make a brotherhood of blood with anybody or to touch someone's blood so I'm practically 100% sure I don't have it too.

copernilol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2008, 5:53 am

Obres wrote:
Me too.

Reyairia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2008, 5:54 am

We're much less likely to feel societal pressures to have sex to begin with, often our way of acting is a huge turn-off to the opposite sex, and we're pretty well known for being overly cautious.
We may be naive, but if we're told directly that it is better to have protection and why, then we play it smart and do that and unless someone explicitly states "it doesn't matter" over and over again.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 8:37 am

Age1600 wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:

You know its weird, im actually obsessed with sex, and due to me not knowing how to handle situations that involve sex, i was raped a lot, and sexually abused/assaulted as well. Now i learned what to look for, what is wrong and what is right. I was very vulnerble in those types of situations, i thought rape was sex, thought it was normal, so went along with it. Had horrrrible things done to me! I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't catch HIV or any kind of STD or got pregnant due to all of that. I still to this day have problems with being too obsessed with guys, and don't know why to tell u the truth! Thankfully, i have a bf that keeps me grounded and under control heh.

Well those kind of people are a product of jersey... Believe me, I know... Well, okay, I'm a guy, so I don't know firsthand, but it seems like there were some guys in certain crowds when I was in high school that always talked about the "crazy sex" they had last weekend. I just never knew if they were making it up or not...

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 9:42 am

Age1600 wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:

I'm SOOOO glad you didn't have any permanent repercussions from that (at least not physically). Hey, nothing wrong with liking liking guys and/or sex as long as you're safe and smart about it and don't let yourself get emotionally hurt.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Feb 2008, 10:53 am

Obres wrote: