Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2014, 10:55 pm

Not for me. It just irritates the crap out of me. I try to do anything, drawing especially, and I end up getting incredibly frustrated and sometimes meltdown. I am very impatient, and quite the perfectionist, and the fact that my drawing is less than perfect is horrible for me. I recently got into manga, and that was a mistake. I can't do it without wanting to break every pencil in the house! Does anyone else experience this, and does anyone have any tips for me?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 11:15 pm

I don't have any tips for you, but that seems to be the same for me (except for the meltdowns). It's like I either can do it or not, and if I can't, then no amount of trying is gonna make any difference. I just don't seem to improve.

I also have a problem with misconceptions: If I get the wrong idea (misspelling something or get a fact wrong) then it takes a long time for me to use the correct one. For instance the first time I spelled "icy" I spelled it "icey", and whenever I wrote it for a while (at least some months) I just couldn't remember the correct spelling. I knew I used to get it wrong, but I couldn't for the life of me remember which one was correct, and each time I picked icey because it looked right to me.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 11:21 pm

Depending on what you are practicing it may get better.

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2014, 12:15 am

Lumi wrote:
Depending on what you are practicing it may get better.

What I'm trying to say is I don't have the patience to practice. I practice drawing for a few minutes and the next thing I know I'm on the verge of a meltdown I have no patience for it. I try crocheting, same result. Pretty much everything sets me off these days, even minor typos.