Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

TheSperg
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

Before someone says anything yes I do shower and or bathe :P

But yea I hate the feeling of being wet, ESPECIALLY if there is no hot water. I live in a tropical country where almost no house has a water heater, except very new expat housing or high end hotels. Even with the temp rarely dipping below 80F I find unheated water just too cold, showering is a miserable experience in unheated water.

I know my whole life even with a water heater I never liked bathing and would take extremely short showers with hot but not steaming water. I think the feel of water on my skin is just.....cringe inducing especially room temp or cold.

Needless to say I hate swimming.

*I got into the habit of shaving my head so showers would be as quick as possible and drying easy, but I'm a dude so lucky me:P

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

O am quite the opposite. I like being in the water but I don't like sudden changes in water temperature as it is very startling. If you live in the tropics and need hot water for a shower. Try building a solar water heater. all you need is a hot water tank and about 50ft of black poly hose to coil up on the roof. there is plenty of how to's on the internet.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 5:18 pm

I don't hate being wet but like for exsample i will like being in the shower but hate the wet feeling after you get out esspecily my hair.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2014, 5:41 pm

No. I love water. If I could live in it, I would. I could spend hours in the bath, under a shower or in a swimming pool if given the chance. Water is very therapeutic to me. I also have an obsession with really sexy, beautifully smelling shower gels and soaks, so bath time is pleasurable to me. (Except for my lengthy, OCD-like washing routine I can't seem to shake out of!)

I do, however, hate the after feeling when it's really cold, usually in winter. In warmer places it's nice. Wet hair feels horrible too. I also HAAAATE the feeling of sun tan lotion on my skin.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 5:51 pm

I like the feeling of the water raining on me from the shower head but I don't like being wet.
When I'm wet my fingers (just like everyone else's) prune and it feels really weird to me and I've had sensory overload from it. When I was a kid I hated bath time and the only way I'd go in is if my mom let me wear shorts and a tshirt in the bath. I also don't like how long it takes me to dry and how cold I am when I get out of the shower.

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2014, 6:00 pm

It depends where I am and what I'm wearing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 3:50 am

I hate getting in the pool and I hate getting in the shower.

But... once I'm in I don't want to get out.

I usually have to be pulled out of the pool. I'm not a good swimmer because of my dysprxia so I use floaties and end up just happily floating around after everyone else gets out. So my dad usually has to grab me out.

Then sometimes they have a hard time getting me in the shower, but once i'm in I will stay in so long, my dad has to turn off the water and hand me a towel.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 7:37 am

I like water, but I don't want to immerse myself in it.

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2014, 7:52 am

Getting wet is fine by me if I know what's going on. Like, I go to take a shower and I know what to expect. There won't be random socks flying around trying to eat my feet or something. There'll be water, so I won't be shocked. But when it comes to surprises, like if it suddenly starts raining then yeah, I'd be pretty upset.

Moo approves!

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 9:11 am

In can take a while to get my body into a swimming pool because I find getting use to the cold water temperature torture.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 10:16 am

I find it hard to immerse myself in cold water because I don't like the cold temperature against my body, I didn't like getting out of the water when I was little because of the col air against my body and now I can barely feel it when I got used to it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 10:21 am

I have been known to skip the odd shower or two but having said that I can recommend showers for two as a great way to spice up a Sunday morning. I also like jacuzzis as I find them very relaxing.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
I can recommend showers for two as a great way to spice up a Sunday morning.

I happened to have done that with my bestie this morning ;)

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 4:13 pm

Wet and cold, hate it. Just wet? No problem. In warmer weather I won't even towel off after a shower or a swim. Just air dry.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

I love hot showers but I hate getting out of the shower. It's freezing and being wet without the shower off is very uncomfortable for me. I also hate the feeling of bathtubs.

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

I like shower's and bath's (provided the tub is long enough for me). I like swimming in lakes, river's and pool's. When I am mostly dry I don't like small parts of me to be wet. I don't mind my hands being wet if I am doing the dishes but I must dry them afterwards. I don't like getting rained on and I don't like my sock's to get wet. If my sock's get wet I have to change them right away.