Feeling that you don't know what's going on around you

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2014, 9:20 am

Hi,
Since I'm an adult, I have the feeling that I'm completely lost in the world. Socially and otherwise. (and I want to know whether this could be Asperger's related)
let me explain. For example, I have the feeling that my behaviour might be completely weird, but I dont get it. like towards my doctors and strangers and such. Sometimes I actually do get it, but hours later. like I made my doc very angry decently, but I realized it 4 hours after the ap.
the other thing is time. I never know which date, month or even sometimes season we have. Not even when I try hard or think hard about it. It sometimes doesn't even work with the time of the day.
the other thing is space. When you go somewhere, you have a rough idea where you are going. whether you are going north of your house, or left of your house, you have some sort of idea, true or false, illusionary or real, but you have SOME feeling. I don't have that. I just feel that I have been removed from one place and put ino the other place.
I'm basically completely lost in time and space.

As you may have read in my other posts I'm trying to figur out whether I have asperger's or not and I'm posting my symptoms to see whether other aspies have them too. sorry if I', spammig the forum with my stuff.

cheerz
Omid.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 2:17 pm

Possibly AS symptoms. The delays in realizing what happens in a social situation certainly points in that direction. Some Aspies also have a weak sense of direction, - but only some... and you already have an informal dx from an expert.
If you want to know for sure, - as sure as you can get without a brain scan, - you have to go through some tests with a professional.