Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

fiddler13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2014, 3:11 am

I joined this site because I have been struggling with something for a long time an I was wondering if any one could help. I have ADHD and this has caused something I like to call them the two me's . on one hand theres the standard one. care free messy and couldn't care less about anything I mean doesn't care at all. but then theres me #2 and pardon my langauge but the best way to describe him is mister anal retentive. now he only comes out when I am making something and he can make some amazing things from robots that stand ten feet tall to a astronomical clock that winds itself. however the two are always in conflict its like a constant argument in my head. my room is a mess but my workshop is so well organized its insane. I just need help making the two work together and not fight and argue all the time.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 3:18 am

I have an awesome to-do list app that did a pretty neat job saving my ass last year; if you don't have it already, download Any.DO, it's on the Chrome, Google Play & iOS app stores and probably syncs between all the screens you ever use. The difference between my room and my servers is exactly the same.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

InTheDeepEnd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2014, 12:42 pm

I have the same dichotomy between my house and my art. I am meticulous in my drawings but my house is a wreck. I wish I could tell you how to fix this but I am still searching for that answer myself.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 3:47 am

Donna Williams talked of her left brained self and her right brained self being like two different people. However, she does have an extreme dissociative condition.

However, I think that many artists have this on going drama going on. In ceasing that internal civil war within (or at least finding a workable truce) a human being can create extraordinary works.

Einstein is a good example here. His genius came from having such extreme opposites working in unison within him. The mystic and the logical were beautiful dancing partners for him.

With respect to integration and how to cultivate such a balance...........well, the only route tried and tested throughout thousands of years has been meditation and most interesting Advaita Vedanta (non duality)

Wishing you all well from London.

Chris.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 7:20 am

i totally relate to that. it's like Goofus and Gallant battling in my head.

GibbieGal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2014, 9:08 am

At least you aren't boring. 8)

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

05 May 2014, 3:33 pm

fiddler13 wrote:
I joined this site because I have been struggling with something for a long time an I was wondering if any one could help. I have ADHD and this has caused something I like to call them the two me's . on one hand theres the standard one. care free messy and couldn't care less about anything I mean doesn't care at all. but then theres me #2 and pardon my langauge but the best way to describe him is mister anal retentive. now he only comes out when I am making something and he can make some amazing things from robots that stand ten feet tall to a astronomical clock that winds itself. however the two are always in conflict its like a constant argument in my head. my room is a mess but my workshop is so well organized its insane. I just need help making the two work together and not fight and argue all the time.

I can relate. My room is a disaster but my desk at work was neat and organized.