Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm

I'm so sick and tired of being unappreciated in the household. I pay my taxes, I do chores around here (which I will do tomorrow before I hang with Arthur Hine and Jesse Carlyle), and help my mother when ever she needs it. She still treats me like a 16-year-old loser delinquent. I never broke any laws, I work harder than the majority of people, I'm nice to everyone even if they don't deserve it at times and yet I'm being overlooked due to my multiple disabilities (Autism, stroke, and depression). I should be having a REAL good job with a wife and children since I always have good grades despite being in Special Ed all my life. I wish I had a president that actually cares about people with special needs who actually contribute to the world. George W. and Obama can give two s**ts about my struggles as an adult obviously since they focus on their own BS agenda. I wish the next president actually helps people like myself get good jobs and possibly a wife and kids instead of BS lip service. We need a president like Bill Clinton again and people with autism to have the woman of their dreams and deserving of MUCH better jobs than they have now!

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm

JML101582 wrote:
. We need a president like Bill Clinton again and people with autism to have the woman of their dreams and deserving of MUCH better jobs than they have now!

I was with ya until this statement. Bill Clinton gets ASD males the women of their dreams ?? :P

You think Bill Clinton --> better job --> woman of dreams ?

brackets
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2014, 6:12 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
JML101582 wrote:
. We need a president like Bill Clinton again and people with autism to have the woman of their dreams and deserving of MUCH better jobs than they have now!

I was with ya until this statement. Bill Clinton gets ASD males the women of their dreams ?? :P

Great, now I'm picturing Bill Clinton like, smashing in through peoples' windows with people tucked under his arm.

"Here you go, son, off to visit Temple Grandin!" "Thanks, Mr. President!" [Hail To The Chief playing]

FelisIndagatricis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2014, 6:12 pm

You're not entitled to a wife because you got good grades. In fact, you're not entitled to a wife for any reason. Women are people, not plastic trophies you get for simply participating in life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:15 pm

He's not talking about being entitled to a wife. He's talking about being treated like a kid. I could understand where he's coming from. I was treated like a kid as an adult, too. What I did: I took steps to leave my mother's nest.

What he should do is take steps to become independent. Bill Clinton, George Bush, Barack Obama, etc. will not do that for him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm

The best thing would be working towards your independence. Once your parents can see that you're able to make it on your own, there's a chance that they will see you in a better light.

FelisIndagatricis

25 Jul 2014, 6:51 pm

^Yes. You say you're paying taxes. Are you also paying rent to your mother? Or at least putting away savings for future rent and letting her know that you're doing that?

kraftiekortie wrote:
He's not talking about being entitled to a wife.

JML101582 wrote:
...I should be having a REAL good job with a wife and children since I always have good grades ... I wish the next president actually helps people like myself get good jobs and possibly a wife and kids ... We need a president like Bill Clinton again and people with autism to have the woman of their dreams and deserving of MUCH better jobs than they have now!

To this woman, that sounds an awful lot like he thinks a wife is a checkmark on a list of things he thinks he's entitled to. Whether he meant it that way or not, that type of talk won't go over well when trying to woo an actual woman. And I truly have no idea what the next president can do to improve his dating life. Is it the better job --> woman of dreams formula LoveNotHate mentioned?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm

He's not talking about, specifically, being entitled to a wife. It's more about being treated like a kid as an adult. This very commonly happens with adults still living with their parents. It happened to me. I moved out at 20 because of it.

The way I interpret it, he wants to marry someone and have kids some day. A very common aspiration--and something that requires effort, rather than being an "entitlement" per se.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm

brackets wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
JML101582 wrote:

Great, now I'm picturing Bill Clinton like, smashing in through peoples' windows with people tucked under his arm.

"Here you go, son, off to visit Temple Grandin!" "Thanks, Mr. President!" [Hail To The Chief playing]
LOL!! !!

Wreck It Ralph

FelisIndagatricis

26 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
and something that requires effort, rather than being an "entitlement" per se.

Yes! Exactly! Wives aren't being handed out by presidents or by anybody else.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2014, 6:18 am

FelisIndagatricis wrote:
^Yes. You say you're paying taxes. Are you also paying rent to your mother? Or at least putting away savings for future rent and letting her know that you're doing that?

kraftiekortie wrote:
He's not talking about being entitled to a wife.

JML101582 wrote:
...I should be having a REAL good job with a wife and children since I always have good grades ... I wish the next president actually helps people like myself get good jobs and possibly a wife and kids ... We need a president like Bill Clinton again and people with autism to have the woman of their dreams and deserving of MUCH better jobs than they have now!

To this woman, that sounds an awful lot like he thinks a wife is a checkmark on a list of things he thinks he's entitled to. Whether he meant it that way or not, that type of talk won't go over well when trying to woo an actual woman. And I truly have no idea what the next president can do to improve his dating life. Is it the better job --> woman of dreams formula LoveNotHate mentioned?

I think what the OP meant was that having a good job would lead to getting a wife and children. I understand this. A good job, good wife/husband are amongst the things that many people take for granted. When I was a child growing up I always assumed I'd have these things eventually. It never occurred to me that I wouldn't and this makes me angry now that I don't have this. A lot of people get these things easily but I've tried really hard but I cannot hold down a job and I've never been married. I'm engaged but things are not right for us to get married at the moment, but that's another story.

To summarise, I thing the OP is angry he doesn't have the things he deserves, as I am. A good job and a wife and kids is not too much to ask in life I don't think.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2014, 6:40 am

ElsaFlowers wrote:
I think what the OP meant was that having a good job would lead to getting a wife and children. I understand this. A good job, good wife/husband are amongst the things that many people take for granted. When I was a child growing up I always assumed I'd have these things eventually. It never occurred to me that I wouldn't and this makes me angry now that I don't have this. A lot of people get these things easily but I've tried really hard but I cannot hold down a job and I've never been married. I'm engaged but things are not right for us to get married at the moment, but that's another story.

To summarise, I thing the OP is angry he doesn't have the things he deserves, as I am. A good job and a wife and kids is not too much to ask in life I don't think.

Very well explained. I think that's exactly how the OP is feeling.

As for me, I don't think much about not having a partner. I've tried some but I've never thought having a partner was that important. I guess people have different values.