Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

Seems to me that our aspie way of thinking could/would be very appropriate and mainstream in a possible distant future where food, clothing, shelter and every other imaginable necessity and luxury is freely provided by the state, which is a one-world government that controls the entire earth. There then would be no wars, no social hierarchy one-upmanship and the resulting fighting etc. Medical science would have improved enough to where any defects in an embryo could be cured even before birth with gene therapy or some other future technology resulting in all people having similar intelligence and physical capability. Every human would then be free to spend their life pursuing their interests. The only goal of humanity then would be for each person to improve themselves intellectually and spiritually.

What do you think?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:08 pm

No offense, but the notion that people with AS are the next step in evolution or anything like that reeks of elitism--and will be detrimental to any aspie who wishes to live a normal life.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:09 pm

If I am from the future, then I got assigned to one of the crappiest periods in world history. :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2014, 1:20 pm

Kurgan wrote:
No offense, but the notion that people with AS are the next step in evolution or anything like that reeks of elitism--and will be detrimental to any aspie who wishes to live a normal life.

This is not a debate about superiority and I don't claim that aspies are the next step in evolution. I am simply stating our way of thinking would suit a world scenario as presented above.

Note that just because it is the 'future' does not necessarily mean it is some utopia.

There is a possibility that a similar scenario existed in the past in an ancient lost civilization.

Last edited by rugulach on 02 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2014, 1:25 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
If I am from the future, then I got assigned to one of the crappiest periods in world history. :D

I've got a feeling every aspie that ever lived in every period of history thought that. :P

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

Yes. You solved the puzzle and have proved yourself able to join me in eliminating the Foil Hat cult. Unless they are stopped there will be no letter Q in the future!

:wink:

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:40 pm

rugulach wrote:
Seems to me that our aspie way of thinking could/would be very appropriate and mainstream in a possible distant future where food, clothing, shelter and every other imaginable necessity and luxury is freely provided by the state, which is a one-world government that controls the entire earth. There then would be no wars, no social hierarchy one-upmanship and the resulting fighting etc. Medical science would have improved enough to where any defects in an embryo could be cured even before birth with gene therapy or some other future technology resulting in all people having similar intelligence and physical capability. Every human would then be free to spend their life pursuing their interests. The only goal of humanity then would be for each person to improve themselves intellectually and spiritually.

What do you think?

I think this is "christian's heaven."
Basically we'd be the equivalent of 40 year-olds living in mom's basement.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:42 pm

rugulach wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

I've got a feeling every aspie that ever lived in every period of history thought that. :P

And they'd all be correct... from their own point of view.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:43 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Yes. You solved the puzzle and have proved yourself able to join me in eliminating the Foil Hat cult. Unless they are stopped there will be no letter Q in the future!

:wink:

Y?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:44 pm

Maybe that's the reason for my permanent jet lag.

something_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2014, 1:48 pm

bit off topic but a one world government that controls the earth would not lead to less war, social hierarchy probably more of it if anything.
To sustain that level of control the power it would have to wield would be extreme, bound to lead to conflict and constant civil war unless it was repressive enough to stop it, which would mean very rigid hierarchies of power.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

^^Maybe that's from a topic of the future.^^

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:53 pm

I come from a future where the Gender Binary has ceased to exist and people are allowed to live as individuals instead of genders. My future also has a lot of technology.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

I am here and now, coming from the past, heading for the future.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 3:05 pm

something_ wrote:
bit off topic but a one world government that controls the earth would not lead to less war, social hierarchy probably more of it if anything.
To sustain that level of control the power it would have to wield would be extreme, bound to lead to conflict and constant civil war unless it was repressive enough to stop it, which would mean very rigid hierarchies of power.

There was a one world government at one time. It was called the Roman empire and they pretty much rule the known world at the time. And what I mean by "the known world" does not mean the entire planet earth.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm

If that were the case, why would I be so obsessed with the past? Am I destined to be some sort of a technological or pop-cultural archaeologist? :P