Is there such a thing as an executive functioning meltdown?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 5:22 pm

So by thiis I mean a meltdown during which one's executive functioning markedly deteriorates. Another user referenced such a thing and the concept was entirely new to me.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 5:24 pm

Yes...I do have breakdowns in "executive functioning" when I feel overloaded in a sensory sense (i.e., too many things are arriving within my cognitive view at one time).

I can't do two things at once; when somebody expects me to do ten things at once----forget about it! This results in a breakdown of executive function, which might take the form of a "meltdown."

Hi_Im_B0B
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2014, 12:27 am

happens to me when i run into the walls of bureaucratic illogic.... especially when i have to deal with several different bureaucracies at the same time. i'll have a few hours where nothing makes any sense at all; reality as a concept even loses all meaning.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 12:42 am

Yes, as an adult most of mine are due to executive functioning breakdowns or my sensory issues. At work the other day I was checking a customer out and a lead came over and said that one of the mangers needed my password to access the system to adjust my hours and I could not remember it. I completely had a meltdown. I could hardly speak and I told her I did not know the last four digits of my social security number and for a few minutes had problems finishing the customers order.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 8:17 am

When I was a kid, in the 1960s, that particular coin was also the most valuable penny.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 8:22 am

It happens to me when I have to give a presentation in front of many people. I operate on the threshold of a meltdown and when that happens I just can't do anything, nothing at all other than stare blankly at the wall. It's terrible.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 11:24 am

I have that happen sometimes.

Wreck It Ralph