Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

WellThatsDantastic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2014, 5:32 pm

Does anyone else here happen to have this?

I find when I'm really anxious for an exam or test in school, I suddenly develop an awful cold that lasts until or just before the said test or exam. I bruise or bleed very easily (For example if I hold my cat and drag her paw across my hand, it'll begin to bleed slightly. If I get cuts, I find they bleed especially much compared to when I'm not stressed).

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2014, 5:55 pm

I was constantly sick when I was in school. I missed massive amounts of days, looked like I was near death always, and even when it wasn't a bug or something I still felt "yucky". Even the slightest amounts of anxiety and stress takes a very real physical toll on me. If you look at pictures of me from childhood, I've always got irritated eyes, undereyes, and a runny nose.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 6:55 pm

My body tells me I'm anxious before my mind registers the reason for it. I often get sick before upcoming events that I would find stressful. I'm sure people sometimes think I'm faking it, because it's a fairly regular thing.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm

Yes, I can get very sick from anxiety and I always have.
When I was younger, it could cause me to vomit. Nowadays, when I am anxious, I develop a nasty cough. People always ask if I'm ok and if I should see a doctor, which tends to drive the anxiety up a notch.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm

I get headaches and irritable bowels from anxiety...it can also make me feel like I'm not getting enough air to breathe.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes