Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

WhatHazard
Raven
Raven

16 Sep 2014, 2:09 pm

I don't feel that way about W.P and I've been here for a few years; I'm not a big poster but people reply to me if I post something relevant and that's all I care about.

I notice there are people that post more often then others, but I don't think of them as a clique or a group as much as I think of them as individual people who like to post a lot more then I do simply.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 6:01 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
have been here since 2005,am a regular and have had threads that werent answered or not answered quickly-and many posts that dont get replies, but people just dont relate to experiences of mine and beliefs very often,have been told by a user that some people are scared off approaching because am LFA-which falls back to being unable to relate.

its hard to take in being on a support site,especialy if are not mentaly feeling the best but try not to take it personaly-have not been here long enough to build up a reputation. :P
post a lot more so people can get an idea what are like and know what they can relate to and what they cant.
hope this makes sense,have had night meds and had to re edit many times.

I do relate to things you write, like you wrote about people perceiving as objects and I did respond to it, as you were the first person writing about this ÄÜÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ = to explain: my cat Tatu just stepped onto the keyboard of laptop and wrote this, I left it the way she wrote it.
Guess she says hello in her voice!
She is a very nice cat!
I cannot relate to having two support staff to one as I do not have it, I am though in supported living but only with support in some areas as other things I do manage, but there are things you write I really do relate to, even if I am not low functioning as defined by IQ.
I am sorry you are not feeling the best mentally.
You are a very nice person in my view.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 6:16 pm

sonofghandi wrote:

Hope to see you hit a bazillion post count.
LOL! Reminds me of something one of our former US presidents said, "How many is a brazilian?" LOL!

Wreck It Ralph

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 6:20 pm

Eloa wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
have been here since 2005,am a regular and have had threads that werent answered or not answered quickly-and many posts that dont get replies, but people just dont relate to experiences of mine and beliefs very often,have been told by a user that some people are scared off approaching because am LFA-which falls back to being unable to relate.

its hard to take in being on a support site,especialy if are not mentaly feeling the best but try not to take it personaly-have not been here long enough to build up a reputation. :P
post a lot more so people can get an idea what are like and know what they can relate to and what they cant.

I do relate to things you write, like you wrote about people perceiving as objects and I did respond to it, as you were the first person writing about this ÄÜÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ = to explain: my cat Tatu just stepped onto the keyboard of laptop and wrote this, I left it the way she wrote it.
She is a very nice cat!
I cannot relate to having two support staff to one as I do not have it, I am though in supported living but only with support in some areas as other things I do manage, but there are things you write I really do relate to, even if I am not low functioning as defined by IQ.

hi thanks eloa!
it is great to find out other people can relate instead of being told am putting people off due to being so different to them,especialy on here which is pretty much the only place on the internet will find the widest representation of the spectrum on,it is good to find out am not alone,especialy as am still so severely depressed right now.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
Eloa wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:

She is a very nice cat!

hi thanks eloa!
it is great to find out other people can relate instead of being told am putting people off due to being so different to them,especialy on here which is pretty much the only place on the internet will find the widest representation of the spectrum on,it is good to find out am not alone,especialy as am still so severely depressed right now.

I am sorry you are so severely depressed right now,
in my view you are really a great person
and I don't know what to write more except that in my view you are are great person.
To me your experience you write is very valuable,
also when you write about your deep feeling for animals, I share it with you, in the thread "where were you on 9/11" you wrote about the animals who might have got killed, the stray cats and the rescue dogs, I was thinking about this and I really hope there were not many stray cats as the area was very crowded by people, and I also do feel so much for animals,
I had this experience, that wild spanish cats let me pet them as they never let humans pet them,
and when I read about your connection with animals (and your chickens and this great photos you had in avatar with your chickens) in my view I really do understand what you mean.
I know what depression is, suffered and do suffer myself from it, but I also do have moments of "light" and I have learned that even if you are different you are a valuable person, noone has the right to put you down.
Please do not put yourself down.
People who do it sometimes do not know it better, sometimes they have no choice as they do not have enough knowledge,
but they have no right to do it also.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm

^
I vividly recall a media moment in those dark days following the attack when the firemen found, and saved the lives of a live momcat and her litter of kittens that had been trapped in the rubble of the WTC for days.

It brighten my day hearing about it in the news. Kinda symbolic that things might be modestly turning around and starting to get better maybe.

But alot of people got super OFFENDED by the story and sounded off about them "reporting the rescue of a lower animal where people died!"

What can I say? Different folks put different meanings into things I suppose.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm

KOR, I am sorry you are feeling depressed right now. I hope you feel better soon. I am sending you lots of encouraging thoughts.

NaturalPlastic that story about how people were offended to the cat rescue is really sad. It's a shame people could not see the beauty in that rescue.

Wreck It Ralph

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 8:59 pm

I've been around for a few years, and I couldn't tell you if there are any cliques. There's no old folks clique... hmmm maybe there is and I just don't know... or knowtice.

I hope you come to feel cozy here at WP.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 9:30 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
I quite like the way you write. I have a tendency to misinterpret, but have little trouble with your posts.
Although I have relatively recently realized that I frequently come across as combative, but I am working on that.

Hope to see you hit a bazillion post count.

Thanks for the good feedback.

It's taken me some years to reduce my combative quotient, so I know where you're coming from.

As for a bazillion posts, I'll be happy when I reach 1000, so I have the option to change my posting title, though being a 'sea gull' ain't so bad. I get to fly, scavenge off all the beach goers and watch the oceans roll. I wonder what comes after 'sea gull.'

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm

Eloa wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:

She is a very nice cat!

Hello Tatu! :D

Wreck It Ralph

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 11:45 pm

I'll second the thought that it can appear that way in PPR and L&D, where topics tend to be cyclical, and those of us who've been around a while tend to roll our eyes and make in jokes when serial topics rear their heads again. Not so much with the rest of the site though, it's pretty equal opportunity.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 11:55 pm

The one who says egg has a clique open for all to join, but if you join, you must say egg too, verry merry berry much, and you must also adopt the catatar of the one who says egg, so there will be multiple catatars of the one who says egg, and they will all be saying egg, and definitely WP will have a big eggsclusive clique when this all comes to pass.

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2014, 12:07 am

eric76 wrote:
After some thought, I'm not too sure that I would recognize a clique on-line if I were to encounter one.

Valid point. I'm not sure either. :)

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 12:32 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:

I don't think it's being unable to relate. I can relate to a lot of things you say and your beliefs and opinions.
I think the thing that makes you un-approachable is that you keep saying you are intellectually disabled while writing all that profoundly intelligent intellectual stuff.

Last edited by Marybird on 17 Sep 2014, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 12:56 am

btbnnyr wrote:
The one who says egg has a clique open for all to join, but if you join, you must say egg too, verry merry berry much, and you must also adopt the catatar of the one who says egg, so there will be multiple catatars of the one who says egg, and they will all be saying egg, and definitely WP will have a big eggsclusive clique when this all comes to pass.

I would like to be not eggscluded from this eggstraordinary eggsample of egg-cliquery.
But I want to keep my cat.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 6:08 am

I have always been very suspicious of egg-based clans.

:lol: