Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 3:33 am

EzraS wrote:
Waterfalls wrote:
EzraS wrote:
skibum wrote:
EzraS wrote:
But I barely can talk even when I can talk .
Ezra, how does this actually work for you? Are you not able to talk much because you are physically unable to say many words? Can you explain it to me to help me understand?

Well was severely autistic when little so didn't start talking until around 8 because of that. And also have apraxia of speech. So yeah, physically unable to talk fluidly. That's probably why I've made a bazillion posts in all my forums :P

Does it help you communicate to post a lot? I've wondered if maybe it makes a difference IRL for me.

Have been told I communicate better since I started doing this a year ago. Not really speaking that much more, but overall communication with expressing myself more effectively and acknowledging stuff said to me better. My new therapist is blown away with all the posting I have done, he acted really excited about it and said it was a real breakthrough.
That is awesome!

Wreck It Ralph

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 1:04 pm

I suggest that if you feel yourself in a mute period, then don't talk.
If you need to communicate with someone, email them and avoid in-person.
There is no reason to force yourself to move your mouth to talk.
I find that there is not much time that I need to talk in a regular day anyway.
If you have a job that requires talking a lot during the day, then this would be a big problem, but if you did this job for awhile already, then you probably don't have much mutism problems.