Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm

I can't hold a conversation with anybody for very long, not even my family. I Can't seem to make friends at all.

The ONLY thing I'm good at is work and thank god for that. But once I go home I just sit around and wait for the next work day. I feel like such a tool.

I feel like I'm not good enough to be friends with the interesting and cool people I would want as friends. I would basically just coast off their success and that's why these people don't want me around. I get scared and overwhelmed easily and suffer from a whole host of issues that prevent me from enjoying my time alone or with people.

I spend too much time living in my head and so I've become a really boring person even though I am interested in many things.

I know I have good qualities but the negative thoughts are too overwhelming.

Last edited by jerry00 on 20 Sep 2014, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatchingBlues
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm

...are we the same person?

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm

I spend too much time in my head as well, and that is not a good neighborhood for me. The more time I spend in my thoughts (usually obsessing over past failures) the more depressed I become. Not sure how to put an end to it though. It gets tiring having to stay busy all of the time so you don't obsess.

Good luck with your issues.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm

I know how you guys feel. Here it is, sunny Saturday afternoon. Most everyone's at the movies or the beach or a park or shopping mall. I'm not complaining because I'm in a library typing this now. Yes, it'd be nice to have someone to do things with. I keep holding on for someone. Maybe I'll get lucky some time in the future.