Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LadyOfTheLake
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm

Hi,

I wonder if your sensory issues are now different from when you were a child.

When I was younger, I used to cry everytime I heard a loud noise. I felt nauseaus over a bad smell and I couldn't stand itchy clothes. Since the age of 12, I am not that shocked by noise anymore. I still feel quite uncomfortable when I hear eg. a drill, but I don't cry anymore. Sounds would rather gather in my head and mix, until it is too much. This makes me overloaded and I have to get some sleep. Smell problems are gone and I can choose my own clothes now. What about you?

LadyoftheLake

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

My sensory issues definitely fluctuate I couldn't handle a pair of jeans until I was 10 years old cried when they were put on me now wear them multiple times a week.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2017, 1:53 pm

My sensory issues (loud noises and certain textures) have got milder, but can still flare up when I'm stressed.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 4:01 pm

I'm not sure why, but I think my sensory issues have actually gotten worse as I've gotten older. I don't know if I just notice them more now, but there are some things I was okay with when I was younger that I just can't tolerate anymore.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 4:05 pm

I'm a lot less sensitive now than I was when I was a kid. I got worse in puberty but that seems common. I got more sensitive to my brothers making noise but I am not sure if that was just anxiety I was having because I was so worried about them making messes or if they really did get louder because they were older and had friends over more often and it got too much for me to handle or both.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 7:37 pm

Yes. :lol: My case is a zigzag case.

I'm a sensory seeker as a child, intolerant as a teen, and seems fine as an adult.
Filters didn't changed, nor the sensitivity (by comparison with same age/s). Main difference is how I take the input.

The priority changed too.
Sensory seeking means being invasive. But since I was just a child then, no one minds.
Intolerance leads to sensory overload and aversion. Of course, that was my problem in my teen years, along with several. Not coincidentally, sensory intolerance started to happened when anxiety first came.
Now that I'm neither sensory seeking not intolerant, my problems are now related to filters and input instead of sensitivity.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.