The vanished thread and cyber-bullying in here

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 4:35 am

Could anyone say or remember what did I VisInsita said in the thread Critical of self-diagnosis - you shouldn't be, especially you who quoted me? I have the right to know if I have been abused. And moderation, please, do not hide this message to a subforum and shut the mouth of the person being possible harassed and bullied in a serious manner. People should be aware of what is going on and I think I have the right to ask this, since I can not see what was written in my name, for the answer of the moderation to the matter was that: Ups, the thread was accidentally removed, just as I looked into the matter.

Please, if anyone could help with the matter, do so. I am really starting to doubt the safety of this place and thus its existence as an autism forum with fairly severely affected persons. I do not wonder anymore, why so many left.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 4:46 am

Sometimes, when people quote others, they manually fill in the name of the person quoted and accidentally write the wrong name. This has happened to me, when a quote appeared with my name, but it was someone else's post. It doesn't mean that someone has hacked into your account and assumed your identity.

What I remember of what you said was that you think self diagnosis is ok to do, and you also said there is more to self diagnosis debate than semantics.

It is annoying that another thread about self diagnosis disappeared. Not the first time that's happened here.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 5:05 am

I will not delete anything, I didn't purposely delete the first time! This is a new software and sometimes glitches are still happening.

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Nov 2014, 5:08 am

Booyakasha wrote:
I will not delete anything, I didn't purposely delete the first time! This is a new software and sometimes glitches are still happening.

This was not a software glitch. You accidentally clicked delete for a topic that had 230+ replies and then accidentally clicked "confirm" when the software asked if you were sure. it won't happen again because I have removed moderators' abilities to delete posts. They now will have to move topics to a private forum that only moderators can view so nothing will be permanent.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 5:11 am

btbnnyr wrote:
Sometimes, when people quote others, they manually fill in the name of the person quoted and accidentally write the wrong name. This has happened to me, when a quote appeared with my name, but it was someone else's post. It doesn't mean that someone has hacked into your account and assumed your identity.

That happened to me just today - Although someone incorrectly attributed a quote to me - It was nothing bad and I'm sure it was not done maliciously.

Having participated in other discussion forums on the Internet - I would say Wrong Planet is one of the most civil I have ever seen.

- Albert Einstein

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 5:25 am

r2d2 wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

That happened to me just today - Although someone incorrectly attributed a quote to me - It was nothing bad and I'm sure it was not done maliciously.

Having participated in other discussion forums on the Internet - I would say Wrong Planet is one of the most civil I have ever seen.

Now as I have calmed down :D, I also think that might be the case. Someone maybe forgot who they were supposed to quote. But I guess I will never know. I changed my password still for the sake of safety.

I agree that considering the content of the posts, this is one of the most civil forums on Internet and rare amongst them in the sense that here I have learned alot, got new ways of thinking and looking at things and have had great, deep discussions in which the other party is respected even when they don't share your opinion.

Let's keep it that way! :)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 6:39 am

Try this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GDgOUwQ5szoJ:www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D3%26t%3D270556%26p%3D6364744+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

That's Google's cache of one page where you were quoted. Not sure if that's the last page you saw or not, but it's the only one I could find stored on Google. I hope this helps.

I really liked your story about how your mother diagnosed you.

Last edited by dianthus on 29 Nov 2014, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 6:41 am

We're trying to retrieve the deleted thread as I type. Again, I'm sorry.

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 8:28 am

It's ok. Everyone messes at times and accidents happen. I do not accuse you. It was just the combination of the thread vanishing by coincidence at the same time as I tried to address the misquotation, plus my recent, unrelated bad experiences and the distrust they have lead to. That got me so anxious and mistrusting.

Dianthus that was not the part, although I found in it, in sonicallysensitive's post the part that was misquoted as mine. Thank you. The thing was something sonicallysensitive said, and so someone must have accidentally quoted me when they should have quoted sonicallysensitive. And since in sonicallysensitive's post there is a quote of mine above the thing I was misquoted as saying, it has to be a misquotation.

Now as the reasoning overrunned my emotions I am starting to think that I just overreacted massively for the sake of the thread disappearing by coincidence at the same time as I tried to address the issue. :oops: Sorry. It was a misquotation, that's all and the thread just accidentally got vanished for totally unrelated reasons. I hope I didn't cause harm.

Thank you for everyone, especially Booykasha for addressing the issue calmly. That helped alot.