Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

agwood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2014, 6:06 pm

There's an interesting question for you.

Things like Autism, or even ADHD or Bipolar are made out of genetic mutation. What I don't understand is, why is this done?
Why create a person with a genetic makeup that is going to make them struggle in the world?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:10 pm

You should ask the PPRers this question.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2014, 6:24 pm

why did santa claus invent pickles.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm

I think I'd rather have a jar of pickles.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm

Because god doesn't exist and variation naturally occurs within a species.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm

SilverProteus wrote:

CAN I HUG YOU? LIKE SERIOUSLY... YOUR AVATAR. <3<3<3

Anyway, that's actually a good question. I'd like to know that myself since the only thing people have said is to make us seems special. Yet, what's so special about struggling? :/

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:09 pm

LokiofSassgard wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

CAN I HUG YOU? LIKE SERIOUSLY... YOUR AVATAR. <3<3<3

Anyway, that's actually a good question. I'd like to know that myself since the only thing people have said is to make us seems special. Yet, what's so special about struggling? :/

From one Loki fan to another! *hugs* :D

I don't know what's so special about struggling but there are plus sides to being an Aspie and that's what one should hold onto I think. NTs struggle alot as well, just with different things perhaps.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:16 pm

Evolution can do some weird things.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:39 pm

agwood wrote:

Things like Autism, or even ADHD or Bipolar are made out of genetic mutation. What I don't understand is, why is this done?
Why create a person with a genetic makeup that is going to make them struggle in the world?

To quote the Bible:

"There was once a small city with only a few people in it. And a powerful king came against it, surrounded it and built huge siege works against it. Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. So I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded."

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:42 pm

anthropic_principle wrote:
why did santa claus invent pickles.

Anthro is asking all the real questions here.

I'd say that maybe such genetic mutations didn't have a purpose, and maybe weren't supposed to happen (but I'm a sixteen-year-old who hates science, so what to I know?) But I'm guessing you're asking why 'god' allowed it to happen. If so, think about asking a mod to move this to PPR.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm

Because [his/her/its] sense of humor is ineffable.

Seriously?? I've asked this question about 100,000,000 times. Answers: "Before I formed you in your mother's womb..." "I know the plans I have for you..." "Where was thou when I made the wild goats..."

Blah, blah, blah. Basically, "I have my reasons." "That's for Me to know and you to figure out." Some variation on, "I have set you apart for reasons I don't care to explain." "Because I said so."

The closest things I have ever gotten to real answers involve the idea of being set apart, to be "in the world but not of it." The best answer I have ever gotten is, more or less, "So you would have eyes to see and ears to hear and the inclination to look and listen."

Cold comfort, small solace.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

agwood wrote:

Because the world (environment) is always changing, and we are a part of that.

PlainsAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm

I don't see autism as a curse, so I don't think this is any great question of theodicy, anymore than asking why God created homosexuality or gender dysphoria.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:03 pm

God has a twisted sense of humor...
This is what I keep telling myself.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm

Technically if the world was still exactly as God created it to be we would still be living in the Eden.
If you start to think about it this way, like if we were still living there (or if men haven't decide to be apart from God), even if autism exists it would not be a problem. God could actually have neurodiversity in mind when he created us because in the perfect place we would not be a problem for being too literal (since lie would not exist), don't be able to fit social rules (actually, would social rules exists?) and all stuff like that.
But... you know... A lot of problems have come with that free will "gift" that He gave us. Blaming Him is not fair.

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm

We have our own strengths. I wouldn't class us as being designed to struggle, even if we do sometimes in a neurotypical controlled environment.

I think this might cheer you up :P - http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Neur ... l_syndrome